cole

Member +
today i went to look at a car with an ogura racing clutch

when you pressed the clutch pedal in it made a loud noise like really rattely

aparently all oguras do this

is this true ?

GTdan

In The Closet
as walalce said - ive heard this many times before, and can be annoying - appartnyl they do make one that doesnt make this rattling sound.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Yeah the rattle suppressed version came out later. They are a very good clutch though, will handle big power but are still very driveable plus they come with a lightweight flywheel too, their also very expensive new.;)

You get used to the rattle too, you don't hear it too much inside the car only from outside but people will think your car is f*cked!:p

cole

Member +
Yeah the rattle suppressed version came out later. They are a very good clutch though, will handle big power but are still very driveable plus they come with a lightweight flywheel too, their also very expensive new.;)

You get used to the rattle too, you don't hear it too much inside the car only from outside but people will think your car is f*cked!:p

ano lol thats exactly what i was thinking

imagine the funny looks youd get setting off from traffic lights lol

WallaceGlanza

Member +
ano lol thats exactly what i was thinking

imagine the funny looks youd get setting off from traffic lights lol

Yeah but then they also don't expect your car to smoke them so easily.;)

It does become a little tiresome explaining that its a "high performance" clutch, folk are always like "if its so good why does it make that noise!":homer:

cole

Member +
lol not that again ive just about told every 1 i no why i have a diffrent colour bonnet

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well yeah its normal lol... weird thing is i like it lol... :homer:

Depends what type of version the Ogura is! Normal ones does rattle but the latter not, i.e.the silent type, but as someone said its expensive new but worth it! Im waiting for mine very soon!

Dave.

Member +
I've heard this first hand from a perfectly healthy car with an Ogura Racing Clutch.

Just one of those things

Dave

milloman

Member +
I've got one on mine... Everyone thinks the car's buggered, it is entertaining to begin with to see people's reaction, but after a while it gets annoying!...but as you say, until you smoke them ;-) lol

keirz

Member +
this is why i opted for the rattle surpressed version. great clutch and well worth the money in my eyes.

yes it does rattle--well the noisy one anyway
i drove my buddy's one....when i pushed the clutch in i thought something was wrong at first...lol......in all hoesty i PERSONALY do not like the noise/rattle...but its a great clutch for power........however i found it a bit on the harsh side for stopping and moving off (i rate it moderate in this area, not soft and not on/off either)....its defintely a firm feel.....but its something u can get accustomed to and useable.........its not as bad as some FULL race clutches in other words:)

as it comes with its lightened flywheel....BUT some forget to metion that the clutch set itself appears to be just as heavy or even heavier than the stock unit-----i'm talking flywheel, clutch and pressure plate

however, i always wondered with some heavily/very harsh clutch assemblies......dont these have an impact on people's thrust bearings after a while???.........what do the others think?