Opinions on Celica GT4 WRC?

Greg0r

Member +
Quite tempted by one of these, as quite cheap

Ive noticed quite a few people have owned them on here, what do people think?

gv1.3

Admin
love them and think it would be a great upgrade from the Glanza.

People will tell you that you can make your Glanza faster etc but to be honest its the complete package.. power, tuning potential and four wheel drive...

ChrisGT

Member +
Can't say much about the WRC, but my brother has a ST205 import and it has breathing mods, running 1Bar on standard turbo and his car frickin' flies! Not exactly sure what all you get with the WRC edition, but I do know things like the anti-lag require a new ECU or a lot of fiddling about to actually get working.

His power delivery just feels so different to like mine, its just constant and steady power rather than a massive surge, still pins you back in your seat though! I love it :)

turbo-fever

Member +
i have always found that the gt4s arnt that quick compared to a quick starlet say 200bhp but may just be me lol but i know wat your sayin 4 wheel drive different power delivery and comfier.

ChrisGT

Member +
Nowhere near as cheap, costs my brother £75 to fill up and he gets 250mi to a full tank. Costs me £33 to fill up, and I get 250mi from a full tank. Eeek!

Kelly

Member +
i have always found that the gt4s arnt that quick compared to a quick starlet say 200bhp but may just be me lol but i know wat your sayin 4 wheel drive different power delivery and comfier.

well in comparison bens gt is around 240bhp ish (on the higher boost) and its dead even with a GT4 running 330bhp. Like exactly the same! but that will all change the second the GT4 gets off the standard turbo.

Lovely cars! would really like one but i cant stand the back seats how they have dips in them and also i would need a booster seat in one to drive they are very low seats cant even see the big bonnet!!

deffo brill car tho! top upgrade!

gt-stu

Member +
been there done the wrc,amazing machine to drive very quick,but as ive said before the running costs,insurance,repairs,tyres,fuel far outway the performance,hence why ive had 5 starlets.

DEX

Member +
not a lot i can say really that aint already been covered.
aint had mine long but what a car:)

and make sure you have got plenty of money you will need it:p

i get about 220 miles out of a tank of fuel

Deano

Banned
I don't find them to be that fast tbh they are way too heavy and drink alot of petrol turbofever they have a bigger fuel tank then a starlet think they are a 60 litre fuel tank

jamesgtturbo

Member +
ive owned a celica gt - four wrc st205 version , and yes it was a good car not overly quick in standard form but heaps and i mean heaps of tuning potential , as stated though the running costs are a bit on the expensive side , for example i paid £400 more per year for insurance compared to my starlet , and fuel used to cost me £60 p/w for around 250 miles . so you get the picture .

if you can afford it then get one , also just to add there not as quick as scoobys or evos but a hell of a lot more unique

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
As said by some people, awesome cars, there quicker than scoobys mate no doubt about it, the import version is 255bhp stock and they have a much better pull from 3rd gear on, scoobys have the edge in 1st and 2nd as there made for 0-60 runs, after that gt4's munch them for dinner.

As for running costs, totally agreed there high maintance and cost alot, there very special but lets face it there old cars now so you expect maintance.

Tuning is very good with them, get the right mods and know what your doing and can see big figures.

As for against a starlet, they beat alot of starlets easily, i ran my TD04 starlet against my brothers gt4 rolling start and its dead even, remember mines around 230bhp maybe abit more against his 330bhp, get that on a standing start and he will be about 10 cars lengths in front by top of second.

~Nick

Deano

Banned
Even subarus aren't really that quick to be honest and don't do very well down the quarter mile and the tmic gets bad heatsoak I don't like 4wd either I like to be control of my car the subarus have a td04 which runs outta puff early i'm told

jamesgtturbo

Member +
Even subarus aren't really that quick to be honest and don't do very well down the quarter mile and the tmic gets bad heatsoak I don't like 4wd either I like to be control of my car

0-60 mate subarus are very quick cars ! have you actually been in one ?