###Our Day at AFR Tuning###

Spent most of the day yesterday at AFR Tuning in Crawley having the Starlet mapped.

I would just like to say what a thoroughly helpful and talented team they are.

Matt Hosier mapped our car and is was obvious from the start that he has a real passion for his job and is extremely knowledgeable. He started by adjusting all the part throttle maps and it was obvious from the monitoring screen that he was not happy with the original maps. After quite some time he started a few tentative power runs quickly reaching over 240bhp at 0.7 bar. Raising the boost to 1 bar found the car spinning in the rollers and they had to continue in 5th gear, giving a lower figure. Soon he had over 300bhp at 1.2bar and reached over 350 at 1.5 bar. When I asked Matt how it was going he said he hadn’t done a proper power run yet!

Unfortunately the car then suffered from an inlet leak somewhere, which was not immediately obvious. We decided to take the car back to the workshop, as Matt’s workload was hectic to say the least. We stripped the car last night to find a hairline crack in the weld on the inlet manifold. This is being repaired today and we will return to AFR hopefully on Friday to crack the 400bhp mark.

Our thanks go out to Matt Hosier and Paul Austin for all their hard work. We will be talking to Matt on Friday to arrange all our mapping to be done at AFR. It may be a 110 mile trip but its well worth it. Anyone considering any ECU work, try these people, you won’t be disappointed

GTdan

In The Closet
jesus dave!!!! thats gonna be one quick starlet!!!!
Hope you brake the 400 mark - has this been done in the uk yet??

Phil

Super Moderator
i really want to join in the questions, especially what turbo are you running... but it would be handier if you could links us up to the members car thread if you have one?

Phil

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Think this is TD06 last time i saw it.... Awesome Dave, some serious results there even before a proper power run :eek:

Nice one :rockon:

sx_turbo

Lifer
good result dave, i know you've changed a lot on the car but thats a great improvement on power.

also i thought you werent gonna post power figures with this setup? lol

Last edited:

Rumel786

Member +
400 hp :) now thats what starlets should be running at lol

what turbo you running this on dave?

Any more pics of the beast?

good result dave, i know you've changed a lot on the car but thats a great improvement on power.

also i thought you werent gonna post power figures with this setup? lol

We weren't going to Ricky bit I wanted to say some positive things about the mapper. Had I not posted figures you can imagine?

It takes a lot to me impress me and Matt did.

I specifically like the monitoring screen outside the cell. It is the same matt uses and you can watch him making all the tweaks :)

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
yeah was a good day done there dave and as you say there is ALOT still to come from this set-up, should crack 400 easy with 2+bar

sx_turbo

Lifer
We weren't going to Ricky bit I wanted to say some positive things about the mapper. Had I not posted figures you can imagine?

It takes a lot to me impress me and Matt did.

I specifically like the monitoring screen outside the cell. It is the same matt uses and you can watch him making all the tweaks :)

yeah thats fair point dave, atspeed racing have a very similar setup, but obviously dont map as many ecu's as most.

glad your pleased though, and you've found a decent mapper at last who can really get the best out of your car for you