people with 300bhp and forged engines, who insures you???

sx_turbo

Lifer
hey people,

that time of year has come for me to renew my insurance.

now my problem is when my car is back together it will hopefully be close to 300bhp.

im 23 (24 in august) with 3 years no claims, and live in a medium crime rate area, but my car is always garaged.

my insurance company want £1389.95 to insure it, which is a flipping lot, and i cant seem to find another insurance company who is willing to insure me at all.

any help will be appreciated.

Dave.

Member +
Who are you with just now mate? If you're not with Brentacre atm, maybe worth giving them a shout for a restricted power policy, means you're other mods (bodykit, wheels, brakes, suspension and anything else) will be covered too.

Dave

sx_turbo

Lifer
brentacre are my current insurers and the only people who seem to be able to insure me.:(

i should have just left my car as it was :(

brentacre are my current insurers and the only people who seem to be able to insure me.:(

i should have just left my car as it was :(

dnt say that and 1400quid aint that bad, just last month i changed my insurance to elephant paying 1700 tpft, was payin 300 a month wiv ecar:haha: fair enough am jst 18:p
but no mods on mine

Idrees

Banned
Have you tried Adrian Flux?

I remember Gee was insured with them for under £1k iirc and he was running 275bhp, Dan3sgte was also quoted happy from them.

sx_turbo

Lifer
just got off the phone to adrian flux and they've qouted me £1290 which is better, they initially told me that they wouldnt insure me, and after talking to them again today they have changed there mind lol

i did get a woman on the phone on saturday mind when i originally phoned them up (not that it's a problem but she didnt understand any of the mods)

Spoonz

Member +
wat u shud try rick is ringing one company then ringing another and sayin they quoted me this and they will fight for you so to speak

sx_turbo

Lifer
i qoute everything. i'm not leaving any mods off it as theres a lot of money in the car.

sky just got back to me and i must say there qoute is bloody good.

£1136

mole76

Member +
Had a quote through this morning from Adrian Flux for £540 fully comp, and said they would replace like for like on all mods if damaged in accident etc..
and i did declair everything to them, also said that in the event of total loss i would get some costs back on the mods asweel as the price for the vehcle.

I am over the moon as i have been paying the same price for 5yrs with Aviva and not having any mods on the policy.

It does pay to look around mate.

Still waiting for reply off Sky , but not waiting to long....

car was insured for me and misses both max no claims and 32 yrs young.

sx_turbo

Lifer
wat u shud try rick is ringing one company then ringing another and sayin they quoted me this and they will fight for you so to speak

lol

it didnt work lol

adrian flux told me flatly no.

and my current insurers said they can do it for £1197 but cant match the £1136 from sky.

sky also said it would be a £350 excess, which i better check as my current insurance company was a bit shocked at how cheap they were so i better check with sky that it defo was £350 excess

skyinsurance

Member +
lol

it didnt work lol

adrian flux told me flatly no.

and my current insurers said they can do it for £1197 but cant match the £1136 from sky.

sky also said it would be a £350 excess, which i better check as my current insurance company was a bit shocked at how cheap they were so i better check with sky that it defo was £350 excess

our excess was indeed £350. A lot of companies are surprised by our rates.

Gtstu

Member +
Have you tried green light? my freind got insured 2ncb all mods declared 250bhp 1100 fully comp only 21 too.