Perspex bonnet

Glanza Phil

Member +
ok maybe a moment of madness but i have quite a shiny dressed engine bay and i was thinking how could i be different and show it off.

then i thought PERSPEX BONNET!

just wondering if anyone knows a car this has been done on or does anyone know where i could get one made up

danielpates

Member +
bonnet

mymate had got 1 on his 106 gti looks amazing.he baught the perspex and made it him self.its about 10mm thick so it doesnt bend either

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Would deffo be different and light too! You thinking about just clear perspex or coloured but still see thru perspex?

sx_turbo

Lifer
wat does that mean so its see threw?

would like nice but would be a bit worried with it in carparks etc..

you can get perspex now that is opaque (so you cant see through it) but when it has a small electrical charge put through it, its see through.

you can get perspex now that is opaque (so you cant see through it) but when it has a small electrical charge put through it, its see through.

That sounds sweet that its see through when car is turned on but isnt when turned off. You would have to keep the engine bay clean all the time.lol. Wonder would it be nice on a Glanza or GT would be interesting to see, definitely different. :p
Christy

HutchGlanzaV

Member +

Clever shit! So when the engine is running it'll be see thru but opaque when the engine is off. Nice idea.

yeah i think i see it on grand designs on the telly. (diy program)

i also think its expensive, and i dont know where to get it from lol

LOL LMAO I seen that aswell, was going to say is that where you got it from but didnt want to say. That was the one with this stuff as the wall in each of the bedrooms.haha. When you plug it in it goes white, wonder is there a way to make to go black instead? Aye they were quite steep aswell especially if you have to shape it in the form of a bonnet!!
Christy

Jules-B

Member +
ive thought about this idea, but there is no chance id keep my engine bay that clean.

Could be a good idea though

Red Hot

Member +
You can have something like this made:

60698088_full.jpg

gta001

Member +
pay attention mate. i've seen a del sol i think it was with a trd cut out with perspex in a local show car and seeing it again after some time the perspex like misted itself with engine heat. don't know if ur understanding. hope so. otherwise goodluck and will look defo original and cool on a glanza.

Last edited:

Glanza Phil

Member +
thanks for the comments guys

....im loving the idea of the opaque perspex (i saw it too wat a house!)

....i want the whole lot perspex not just a hole cos its been done.

....i was also thinkin of buying it and making it myself but my go that would be hard on a glanza.

as i have had such a good feed back im gona look into this more

this is what i want to show off with maybe the odd hidden blue LED

DSCF3002.jpg

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
that looks the nuts, im soooooo looking into it

thats just a photo taken with a varis bonnet and then merged with a photo with no bonnet.

Your engine bay is nice mate but LEDs are like neons in my head and anything too flashy just gets the wrong type of attention from the wrong type of people.

Glanza Phil

Member +
thats just a photo taken with a varis bonnet and then merged with a photo with no bonnet.

Your engine bay is nice mate but LEDs are like neons in my head and anything too flashy just gets the wrong type of attention from the wrong type of people.

once the sun coes out i was gonna do a pic like that to get a rough idea

yeah im not so keen on the LED bits so much thinkin about it