Please sign to show you're against this amendment.

Phil

Super Moderator
It is a matter of personal conviction.

I would not want to be forced by law for provide a room or bed for a gay couple.

but there is a simple solution, I dont provide a B&B service.

Phil

Gryzor

Admin
It is a matter of personal conviction.

I would not want to be forced by law for provide a room or bed for a gay couple.

but there is a simple solution, I dont provide a B&B service.

Phil

Not all members of a denomination may support their church's views on homosexuality, this amendment does not allow for their choice, but encourages homophobic views and keeps Northern Ireland in the dark ages of Church control and repression.

weeJohn

Lifer
I would sign this because I agree with it, mostly.

But I will not because the longer this type of thing runs, the longer our outdated, narrow minded fuck wits of politicians are being shown up to the masses. Maybe then more people will start electing them for their views, rather than just for what party they stand for.

Gryzor

Admin
The shame is, there are alot more narrow minded fuck wits than just the politicians and to sit these things out could take forever.

Phil

Super Moderator
Not all members of a denomination may support their church's views on homosexuality, this amendment does not allow for their choice, but encourages homophobic views and keeps Northern Ireland in the dark ages of Church control and repression.

I would agree, the system and government is in the grips of repression, especially in northern ireland.

Church control, i dont know, id say alot of politians are only nominal members of churches to be seen as such.

For the other folk who are genuine christians or whatever they should retire from public office and concentrate on living a good life themselves without laying down the law for others.

I would sign this because I agree with it, mostly.

But I will not because the longer this type of thing runs, the longer our outdated, narrow minded fuck wits of politicians are being shown up to the masses. Maybe then more people will start electing them for their views, rather than just for what party they stand for.

I would agree completely, disdain should build for the big two SF/DUP and they shouldnt be allowed to be in control of policy making and what not.

if they think they are qualified as sexual orientation guidance officers or accountants they should start looking for work in those sectors and see who would pay for their expertise!

The shame is, there are alot more narrow minded fuck wits than just the politicians and to sit these things out could take forever.

I suppose i could be classed as one of them, certainly in your eyes :)

but i wouldn't impose my views on others, unless asked - for the fundemental reason that unless someone is a Christian, why would i expect them to live as a Christian? :confused:

Phil

Last edited:

Gryzor

Admin
I would agree, the system and government is in the grips of repression, especially in northern ireland.

Church control, i dont know, id say alot of politians are only nominal members of churches to be seen as such.

For the other folk who are genuine christians or whatever they should retire from public office and concentrate on living a good life themselves without laying down the law for others.

I would agree completely, disdain should build for the big two SF/DUP and they shouldnt be allowed to be in control of policy making and what not.

if they think they are qualified as sexual orientation guidance officers or accountants they should start looking for work in those sectors and see who would pay for their expertise!

I suppose i could be classed as one of them, certainly in your eyes :)

but i wouldn't impose my views on others, unless asked - for the fundemental reason that unless someone is a Christian, why would i expect them to live as a Christian? :confused:

Phil

Phil, I apologize for it coming across that I'm classifying you as any kind of narrow minded nordy, it certainly wasn't intended.

Last edited:

Phil

Super Moderator
Phil, I apologize for it coming across that I'm classifying you as any kind of narrow minded nordy, it certainly wasn't intended.

Nah not at all Richy.

was more of an observation, you would consider my views narrow minded or whatever no doubt.

the good things is they are so narrow that they apply only to myself and those immediately surrounding me who insist they believe the Bible :)

I'm not ashamed of being a Christian but i dont go telling people how to live when they dont care or believe even close to the same things as me.

If ours politians would realise that the bible they claim to believe never once promised a state where new testament practises would be upheld. they might not give the rest of us such a bad name.

we were more than fortunate to even be born in a country where being a Christian doesn't come with the threat of prosecution/death.

Based on SF/DUP rantings you would think that they believe there would no longer be a God if some of these anti-christian bills are passed in NI.

EDIT and just incase someone reads the thread and says im homophobic or in denial that homosexuals exist.

please understand that i am fully aware that homosexuals exist, that its not just some lifestyle choice and that ive no problem with them getting married etc.

i may argue for a moment or two on the marriage status being the same... but only long enough for you to realise that it doesnt matter what either of us think.

Phil

Last edited:

davehart

Member +
Does Ireland not like Lessers then, or that party?

I have no problem with how folk lead their life, just as long as they don't go bumming each other on the front counter they are welcome to tuck into a Big Mac anyway :)

5e colin

Member +
o jeez this does not belong on our car forums !!!!!!

its against our religion/ bible , and its sick anyways , god made us to go fuck the opposite sex and multiply

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

Rev

Member +
Genital choices will always be threatening to some even though a small part of sexuality and human relations especially in modern times but changing legislation must have consequences in itself as it is a societal act .... and dare I mention that hate leads to the dark side.

Good point Dave and after the multiply quote some bibles say conquer the earth which is a miss translation the word is more like caretake the earth. Care and families should go together.

Last edited:

Phil

Super Moderator
Governments faults / legislation should allow the same rights to everyone.
1) Civil Partnership does not provide the same protections to a spouse that Civil Marriage would. It is not the same thing.

Fix point 1)
2) Marriage is something that everyone contemplates growing up. By not allowing LGBT people access to this they are being treated like second-class citizens; unworthy of the same legal standing as heterosexual couples. This in turn tells young people that it is wrong to be LGBT and therefore encourages a negative environment in which they feel they are abnormal and there is something wrong with them. This can have serious ramifications on mental health and physical wellbeing.

Fix Point 1)
3) Why shouldn't they have the opportunity to get married the same as heterosexual couples? LGBT couples should be able to live life the same as heterosexual couples, make similar plans.

Lets do it cause its done elsewhere -Ok but ill take an autobahn first.
4) Northern Ireland is the only part of the United Kingdom that does not have equal marriage legislation in place.

Lets do it cause its done elsewhere -Ok but ill take an autobahn first.
5) The Republic of Ireland will vote through referendum to accept or reject equal marriage legislation. Polls currently indicate that equal marriage will pass in the ROI referendum.

Opinion/
Also why the need to protect the origin of marriage if this isnt an attack on its foundation
6) Civil Marriage will not change the definition of marriage to the detriment of what it currently represents. If we really look at what marriage is about then there is no reason to exclude LGBT people. The very essence of marriage is about love. Love between two people that want to spend the rest of their life together. Religious institutions will not be forced to provide same-sex ceremonies. Churches, mosques, temples etc will not be used for services celebrating same-sex ceremonies unless welcomed by that institution/organisation. Various protections will be built into equal marriage legislation for religious institutions/organisations.

And now for reality.

I'm completely against this referendum.

But if its what the majority of people want, then let them get on with it :)

it wont affect me at this moment in time.

and if it does eventually affect me, it wont be because i didnt vote DUP itll be becuase the majority of folk voted for it.

and you cant do much to slow the tide of the majority, and prison cells will be cushy numbers in 20xx when the thought police get me for not agreeing with the masses :)

Phil

Last edited:

AdDaMan

Member +
Genuinely cant believe what im reading. 5e colin are you for real ffs?!

Didn't realize some western places were still this far back in the dark ages. Utterly crazy.

And dont even get me started on that crazy story that got out of hand called the bible. Wow.

Phil

Super Moderator
Genuinely cant believe what im reading. 5e colin are you for real ffs?!

Didn't realize some western places were still this far back in the dark ages. Utterly crazy.

And dont even get me started on that crazy story that got out of hand called the bible. Wow.

Christianity is the reason LGBT people are accepted in the western world, we come from a historically Christian nation were love and tolerance and acceptance are pillars of society.

Though this isn't always showcased by our leaders.

In the rest of the world by and large LGBT people are treated as having a disability/ or given the death penalty.

We accept its not their fault or choice and we must allow them to live however they want.

Regarding marriage specifically, it's like them asking to be calked heterosexual.

Now if it's voted in here, that's fine like said it doesn't affect me

I just don't understand why the want to call themselves 'married' if they aren't straight. But then fundamentally I fail to see why most people want to get married beyond a ceremony and a day out.

Regarding the Bible your dismissing as a story (which is the position of most of the world) you dismissing the most historically accurate set of documents known to man that have collaboration and reference greater by far than anything like it.

Feel free to get started :) I'm not easily offended. We are hardy folk back here in the dark ages
Lol

Phil

Gryzor

Admin
Let me side stepping the whole bible and Christian thing as this is a political and legal concern and not a religious one. Religion just makes a mess of the whole situation, a bit like having a creationist in place as a Health Minister :p

The easiest way for legal equality for LGBT is to get married, if there was a different term that represented the same meaning as married legally then I'm sure it would be acceptable, but the quickest way to side step all the legalities is to just allow folk to get married giving them complete equality.

Phil

Super Moderator
Let me side stepping the whole bible and Christian thing as this is a political and legal concern and not a religious one. Religion just makes a mess of the whole situation, a bit like having a creationist in place as a Health Minister :p

The easiest way for legal equality for LGBT is to get married, if there was a different term that represented the same meaning as married legally then I'm sure it would be acceptable, but the quickest way to side step all the legalities is to just allow folk to get married giving them complete equality.

I would agree. Let them tear away at it if they have a majority/referendum.

It won't change what marriage really is and it shouldn't matter a great deal to those of us who disagree with its latest political definition.

Same as a dozen other moral issues that really don't affect me personally.

That is the part about politics I don't understand, why people try to encourage others to live by different standards.

Live and let live.

Except if you've been raped, then there should be the death penalty for the baby but not for the rapist.

We have it all sorted in Britain :)

Phil

Last edited:

Gryzor

Admin
I would agree. Let them tear away at it if they have a majority/referendum.

It won't change what marriage really is and it shouldn't matter a great deal to those of us who disagree with its latest political definition.

Same as a dozen other moral issues that really don't affect me personally.

That is the part about politics I don't understand, why people try to encourage others to live by different standards.

Live and let live.

Except if you've been raped, then there should be the death penalty for the baby but not for the rapist.

We have it all sorted in Britain :)

Phil

Easier to judge than be judged.

Britain is off the mark on other stuff like why didnt they adopt the yen sorry euro, but that's for another non car forum.