Poor little glanza, the time has come....

WallaceGlanza

Member +
My glanza has had it difficult the last few months having to do a 90 mile commute every day in the winter weather and generally being a bit neglected. It's not a great car to be doing that in every day and it hasn't been appreciating it either - the hand brake cable has snapped, intercooler hose keeps popping off and with the winter tires fitted the handling was frankly dangerous at times!

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

So a replacement was required, something that will be happier doing the commute itself, more comfortable for me and still a bit interesting to drive. Something that scratched the rwd itch would also be good.... the obvious choice was a german!:

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

A 2004 E46 330d sport to be specific.:D

For those that don't know it's a 3 litre, straight 6 turbo diesel, good for 204bhp and 300 lb ft of torque but also does an easy 46mpg.... and has the option of getting a bit sideways in the right circumstances.

It's totally different to drive from the glanza and I'm not used to the feeling of the rear moving about so much yet but I'm getting there! It's pokey enough with all that torque, not as quick as the glanza but much more effortless. I'm going to try and keep it fairly standard (I've already done a couple of little bits!) but I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting a remap and fitting an exhaust at some point too - it makes a surprisingly nice noice for a diesel but just needs to be a little more vocal.;)

So what's heppening with the glanza.... well it can now get used for fun times rather than boring commutes ie trackdays! First up, Crail next weekend.:)

With a quick wash and the rays back on she almost looks ready for it;

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

I just hope it stays dry this weekend!

Rob H

Member +
Thank foook for that I was thinking it was going to be another breaker thread!! It is handy having a 2nd car I would not be with out one it helps the cause for keeping the starlet not having to depend on having it on the road all the time it's a good job really as mines been off the road now about 8 month lol!!

But remember me if the time ever comes you sell the wheels lol

Fro

Member +
As above, I was expecting another "im breaking" thread!

Looks like a different car after a wash and the rays on!

Liking that beemer too, Id like one of them next but fear Id have it half way through a field the second the back end decided to twitch :eek:

Am I right in thinking theres some crazy torque to be had on them after a map?

AdamB

Member +
Cracking choice of motor mate. The glanza looks so fresh after a good wash, its amazing what it can do, you fall back in love again lol.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
cant beat a german for the miles..... its amazing what a wash and a polish can do ;) rays ftw

Yeah it'll be perfect for eating the miles - cruise control on then just sit and steer! The glanza not actually been polished in a while but the paint still shines up nicely when washed.

Thank foook for that I was thinking it was going to be another breaker thread!! It is handy having a 2nd car I would not be with out one it helps the cause for keeping the starlet not having to depend on having it on the road all the time it's a good job really as mines been off the road now about 8 month lol!!

But remember me if the time ever comes you sell the wheels lol

Nah too much money and heartache in the glanza to break her, after the thrash at crail this weekend it will be off the road for a while to overhaul the brakes again - going to hopefully and finally get a set of 4 pots up front!

If it had, then Mr WallaceGlanza would have been having a visit from a former custodian... My Wife!!!

Good to see she's still being well looked after.

Cheers Mark, I doubt I'll ever meet the wife as PTR seems to be stuck with me!

As above, I was expecting another "im breaking" thread!

Looks like a different car after a wash and the rays on!

Liking that beemer too, Id like one of them next but fear Id have it half way through a field the second the back end decided to twitch :eek:

Am I right in thinking theres some crazy torque to be had on them after a map?

The beemer should be easier to hold than the glanza if it does step out (only done it to me 3 times so far!). Yeah 400 torques after the remap! :eek:

Cracking choice of motor mate. The glanza looks so fresh after a good wash, its amazing what it can do, you fall back in love again lol.

Cheers mate, it does indeed! :)

malcolmgt

Member +
as per what others said, thank god its not a breaking thread. like your car ALOT!

driving it less will make you enjoy it alot more, also BMW diesals are great. Mates have had some and loved every minute! good MPG too

George611

Member +
Fuck that cleaned up well!!

be careful with the BM they like to eat injectors and turbos when they start getting tired the dpf's are pretty common to block up too....jus a heads up ;)

Jay

Admin
Thought the worse when I saw Sicaln's breaking thread then saw this one!

At least now the pressure is off and you can enjoy the V as a proper toy. Makes a big difference when it's in pieces all over the garage floor lol!

Jay