Problem With My Starlet:(

zee20

Member +
Hey peeps...right got all 4 shockers replaced with standard ep82 ones and as i was driving the car today i kept hearing a nocking noise from the front of the car....doesnt happen every time but most of the time it keeps nocking....i think its coming from the back too but not sure

any idea what it can be?

stuart

Member +
When going round a corner or just generally driving around? Could be CV if its clicking on a corner or is it more of a knocking? You gone round checked all 4 shocks and seen if they are tight?

Spoonz

Member +
looks like they dont come with new top mounts wen did the car start doin it i know u said before u changed the suspension and thats why u changed it but was there a certain time it started doin it

zee20

Member +
it started doing it today, took the car out(warmed it up first) then it just started making an odd knocking noise, top mounts....are they the rubber rings you put on at the top of the shocks before you put the bolt on?

smythy75

Member +
no, its the part on top of the shock that bolts it to the body! id say the bearings in them are gone and thats what the knocking is