redtop corsa vs my glanza

el_man

Fresh Recruit
me and my mate are going up pod next weekend hes saying his corsa will beat my starlet his mods r tubular manifold decat exhaust air filter, and i have a fmic manifold decat air filter relocated exhaust standard boost, dnt get me wrong his corsa is quickkkkkk he run a 15.6 but on a bad weather day what u reacon?

sanchez

Member +
me and my mate are going up pod next weekend hes saying his corsa will beat my starlet his mods r tubular manifold decat exhaust air filter, and i have a fmic manifold decat air filter relocated exhaust standard boost, dnt get me wrong his corsa is quickkkkkk he run a 15.6 but on a bad weather day what u reacon?

Is it a redtop turbo?

If so then i would say the vauxhall :(

sanchez

Member +
In that case i think you may just take it.
I raced my mate in his redtop turbo corsa and it wernt mega qucik so good luck lol :D
Do us proud!

el_man

Fresh Recruit
ha cheers i`ll let u know, i`ve run a 15.2 but then broke a oil pipe after 2 goes so never really got time to bring it down so be close

bucketep91

Member +
dont underestimate redtop corsa's they are pretty quick when modded. i think you will take him tho :D do u have an adjustable actuator or boost controller? why not turn the boost up a bit on the day?

el_man

Fresh Recruit
yeaa deffo we r arguing about whos is quicker but just joking lol if i do beat him hes deffo gna have trouble wen i fit my td04 lol

ChrisGT

Member +
A C20LET Nova ravaged my GT when it was stock! But that's the 2litre turbo engine in a car that weighs less than ours! Let us know how you get on

munday

Member +
I'm betting on it being fairly even, so make sure you get a good launch :p

In my old metro i beat a cammed and stripped redtop corsa, but my glanza now isnt as quick so its hard to say

nexia201

Member +
with the redtop in my daewoo cielo which is as big as the astra i managed 14.4 all standard and it use to run 14.5 - 14.7 all day long , mine had the coscast head but thats still slower than my aygo with the GT engine

addz

Member +
C20XE is rough and tough old engine. Loved my cavalier as she was modded a little.

It will give you a good run - which is faster is something you'll find out on the day.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I used to own a c20xe Nova, they are not to be under estimated! Having said that, I was only running very low 15's and at the end of the day it's all about the launch. Good luck to you dude, I think this might come down to driver skill rather than all out power.

scot-ish

Member +
glanza should beat it by half a second, only thing is sure a heard summit bout the glanza being restricted boost 1st and 2nd??

my stalret is faster than a redtop corsa runnin an f16 box, just he didnt have the bottle to go for it, but i would have it no bother, and my starlet is bog standard, no cooler or manifold, so im sure you should take it

glanza should beat it by half a second, only thing is sure a heard summit bout the glanza being restricted boost 1st and 2nd??

my stalret is faster than a redtop corsa runnin an f16 box, just he didnt have the bottle to go for it, but i would have it no bother, and my starlet is bog standard, no cooler or manifold, so im sure you should take it

the white one?

Is the F16 box up for the job always thought is it F20? them engines work better off.

nexia201

Member +
the white one?

Is the F16 box up for the job always thought is it F20? them engines work better off.

bet it is on mine i used the f16 cr box with a daewoo f16 diff which is 4.1 against the 3.7 that come on the astra gte and that was the best gearbox you could get