Reputation points....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I feel this isnt really working how it should be.

For instance ive helped alot of people, and occasionally with detailed right ups that have taken time out to think about etc but i havent been given any rep points, And just a thank you...

This isnt a big bother as its not really hugely important but just giving my feedback on this system....

I can name well over 5 occasions where reps points should have been issued and didnt......

But there are others that have loads so seems like the reps are by chance(who fancies giving them out)..... You cant really go by the points to determine ones reputation as that person could very well of given out plenty of good advise and received no points....

Also it depends who you help...... I.e if you help someone that can issue plenty then thats more reps for you... Answer this: Do you deserve a higher reputation for helping a person that can issue more out? Shouldnt matter you are helping, a set amount of rep points should be issued regardless of whom you are helping.

Im not sure how to resolve this problem and kudos for the one behind(dylan i think) ... Youve done very well....

Although i believe i have brought up a very valid point...

Give me your views.

Cheers
Dan

kieran.s gt

Member +
I feel this isnt really working how it should be.

For instance ive helped alot of people, and occasionally with detailed right ups that have taken time out to think about etc but i havent been given any rep points, And just a thank you...

This isnt a big bother as its not really hugely important but just giving my feedback on this system....

I can name well over 5 occasions where reps points should have been issued and didnt......

But there are others that have loads so seems like the reps are by chance(who fancies giving them out)..... You cant really go by the points to determine ones reputation as that person could very well of given out plenty of good advise and received no points....

Also it depends who you help...... I.e if you help someone that can issue plenty then thats more reps for you... Answer this: Do you deserve a higher reputation for helping a person that can issue more out? Shouldnt matter you are helping, a set amount of rep points should be issued regardless of whom you are helping.

Im not sure how to resolve this problem and kudos for the one behind(dylan i think) ... Youve done very well....

Although i believe i have brought up a very valid point...

Give me your views.

Cheers
Dan

ya some people are very ungratefull for info and write ups
will i give u some rep it looks a little low:p

monka

Member +
yeah mate same feelings as you on this, especially with a few of the newbs and not so well english speaking people (didnt really how else to say that) who dont know about the rep system

goldenvtr

Member +
not a bad point actually also i noticed jsut after it was introduced a few of the "goupies" raped i mean rep'd each other, i know they can only do it once before dishing some more rep about, but i too have given some good rep out but it seems people have to ask for it. its just one of those things really unless you ask people might not know, or care about it

kieran.s gt

Member +
think rep system sticky shud be put in the welcome section so every new member can see how it works and know what its about

sx_turbo

Lifer
some times you need to remind people to issue rep.

but i have found the majority of the time i get rep with out asking, and sometimes i get rep without realising i helped someone out.

also it's mainly only the people that are on here a lot (like myself) who issue it.

but i still dont think it's a bad thing.

Gee

Member +
People seem to rep other people for stupid things aswell.

Like 'Haha, yeh cow's milk is cool..repped'

People seem to rep other people for stupid things aswell.

Like 'Haha, yeh cow's milk is cool..repped'

True.

maybe to stop that the staff are able to get a moderator to supervise that section for example for a rep to be added it needs to meet their criteria.

or if a good point is missed a moderator may step in and rep the person accordingly.

sx_turbo

Lifer
the rep point system is already looked at.

i'm sure it's been said by dylan (gv1.3) that stupid pointless rep gets deleted.

EMM4

Member +
I've been on here for a while and its only now that I actually understand what they're for :( Maybe it should be included in the newbie section?!

Kelly

Member +
There is a section in the newsletter which explains about the rep section -

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=21028

I think you have brought up a valid point Dan.

Also what concerns me is that ppl are now repping for PM's something that really can't be monitored as good as info given via a thread.

But as mentioned above Dylan (gv1.3) does monitor the reputation system.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
The Reputation system is very new to this site still and i think it still needs a bit of ironing out, A lot of the suggestions in this thread will be taken on board. The main thing that effects is it's a very subjective and voluntary system. Some people like to use it for technical information alone other's seem to like to use it for everything from funny threads to deep thought out Technical wizardry.

We will try our best to iron out the system a bit more in the future.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Not trying to get at anyone in particular but some people seem hell bent on having high rep. Anything said thats even slightly helpful and the post always ends with "don't forget the rep!"

Is there really any need for the constant rep whoring? Good advice is good advice regardless of what the number at the side of the screen says.

Aga

Member +
Not trying to get at anyone in particular but some people seem hell bent on having high rep. Anything said thats even slightly helpful and the post always ends with "don't forget the rep!"

yeah the anwser to that should be "get a life"

Idrees

Banned
I agree with you Dan, seen it happen many times!

But I think you should just add "Rep please" to your helpful posts. :)

Ps - Rep please. ;)

squeekyduck

Member +
The rep system is a very good idea but tbh i use it when i see fit. It shouldnt be seen as gospel, but as an indication. And besides alot of us have been here a long time and know who has the good advice.

sx_turbo

Lifer

Is there really any need for the constant rep whoring? Good advice is good advice regardless of what the number at the side of the screen says.

the thing is people will listen to people more with high rep than they will with low rep.

and there so many dicks giving poor advice these days its hard for newbies to know who to listen to.

i myself rep whore so that people will listen to me more than others.

i have seen to many times, say to people that hit fuel cut in there car "just stick an fcd in and that will sort it"

i see a lot of this type of advice given.

and i cant see nothing wrong with people reminding others to give rep

Status
Not open for further replies.