ring trip pictures

muthaducka

Member +
Some of you will be aware that my car was written off / damaged prior to this event so I travelled in a hire car (ford fusion guff) with Mark in his EP82 (nightspirit) and Adam in an R32 Skyline.

Here is the brief trip details:

Thursday Harwich to Hook of Holland
Friday Holland to ring
Ring Friday, Saturday Sunday.
Monday to Thun in Switzerland
Wednesay in France
Thursday Chunnel back to UK.

2000 miles in total, wonderful but costly trip :)

A selection of the pictures. I'm trying to do something with the videos but they are massive.

Furka / Grimsall Pass - all driven by me!
19082008122.jpg

19082008123.jpg

Lakeside in Thun - what a life for the locals

19082008117.jpg

19082008116.jpg

Photography Skills
P1050590.jpg

PICT2863.jpg

P1050542.jpg

Entry point to the ring about 50m from our hotel :)
100_1013.jpg

100_1021.jpg

100_1023.jpg

PICT2868.jpg

P1050470.jpg

100_1124.jpg

100_1059.jpg

P1050307.jpg

P1050298.jpg

Last edited:

PelvisGt

Member +
Was that your hotel where the skyline and gt are parked? lol

And whos gt is that it looks like an animal !

Phil

Super Moderator
nice gt! crazy looking! LOVE IT,

i just found my next desktop background WooHoo

Rik

Member +
Stunning! Looks like an awesome trip, I so wanna go next year! The nightspirit82 looks sweet! I'm liking the idea of the quick release bumper, i think i need to do that with mine as its not staying on too good...do you know if its a locking system to stop pesky thieves?

muthaducka

Member +
yep, the wing is a one off. Have a look at Marks blog if you haven't seen it already, his car is awesome, the best excuted track ep I have seen in the UK and would make my top 5 of all time.

http://www.night-spirit.co.uk/blog/

Marks also got some more comedy pictures on his blog from the trip. Over 20gb work of images / video from the trip :)

I've always wanted to go. Next year, if I have a new car, I would go to the ring again just for a long weekend, try and make it an annual thing etc.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Sex wee.

Id love to do that trip, always been talking about it but those pictures just want me to stop talken and start doing.

Iain

muthaducka

Member +
The other lads were totting up the cost but I just let Barclaycard take the strain.

I would probably break the trip in two if I did it again. A long weekend to the ring and then 1 week driving straight to switzerland covering the furka and grimsal passes cover in the pictures and travelling further south to the stelvio pass and north Italy etc.

Hopefully I will have some impressive ride next year, my business will kick of and bosh - trip to switzerland / italy.

I loved soaking up the atmosphere, it was great. Mark was having his car repaired and took a phone call from the top of the pass saying his car was ready for collection before the garage closed in 45 minutes. Tomtom gave us 90mins travelling time so foot on the gas all the way down the pass in my might fusion overtaking bikes, buses, cars, tractors, cyclists, sheep and cows and we made it in time. Not 45 minutes (impossible) but in good time.

I've got a 700mb video of that run, awesome.

awesome photos mate looks like it was a good trip

worth every penny?

seems to me that it was worth it espically from the pictures as you cant put money on a bit of happiness in your life.

a think if i was to do it a would have put it on the card that way you feel more relaxed, not watching every penny you spend.

must of been gutting seeing your pals boot it in the skyline and gt and the young pup ford struggling lol