Rolling Road on 27th.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Rolling Road on 27th**Graph added**

As some of you may already know i had my car mapped by Ed@Fusion Motorsport and made a good figure of 257bhp + 230FTLBS @ 1.1bar of boost.

Since then ive been to see Nick Jones @ Tuning Developments and had a completey new map on 1.4bar of boost. Hopefully now ill break the 270bhp barrier but the car is much more nicer to drive.

Ill post up my results tomorrow as im heading there at 8am.

Iain

Last edited:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I didnt actually get a wheel figure mate, i remember seeing it, i believe it was around 215-219bhp@wheels but i cant remember. Just going off the top of my head.

Tomorrow im having Fly, Wheels and Torque so ill be able to post up them all.

Iain

Iain@CRD

Lifer
New turbo setup in your EK9 ye? hahaha

I was thinking the same mate, i quite fancy the hybrid td04 route lol

Iain

dantheman

Member +
nice one mate. how much better does it drive/perform with nicks mapping compared to fusions?

would be very interesting to see what power it makes at 1.1bar with nicks map on it..

glad to hear its running good now!!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Thanks guys.

Dan its like a new car in all honestly. Nick spent awhile smoothing out the MAP and you can clearly tell, such a pleasure to drive now and guess what ... the car actually starts now when warm.

On fusion MAP for example is misfired when flooring it in 5th gear at say 60mph ... were as Nicks MAP just pulls with no hesitation what so ever.

The wiring on the EMU have to be completely re-done as well.

I agree, if i had the time to get it setup to 1.1 then increased to 1.4 and getting seperate RR printouts i would've, but hopefully i get a good figure 2moro.

Rory im taking it to Dastek 2moro, AVA only give a wheel figure.

Iain

98_glanza

Member +
Thanks guys.

Dan its like a new car in all honestly. Nick spent awhile smoothing out the MAP and you can clearly tell, such a pleasure to drive now and guess what ... the car actually starts now when warm.

On fusion MAP for example is misfired when flooring it in 5th gear at say 60mph ... were as Nicks MAP just pulls with no hesitation what so ever.

The wiring on the EMU have to be completely re-done as well.

I agree, if i had the time to get it setup to 1.1 then increased to 1.4 and getting seperate RR printouts i would've, but hopefully i get a good figure 2moro.

Rory im taking it to Dastek 2moro, AVA only give a wheel figure.

Iain

sounds good.good luck tomorrow:drive:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Gee just jealous i wouldnt let him share a room with me at TGTT trackday.

All went well lads apart from then not using the full RPM range so didnt make my true power.

It made 259bhp@fly, 228bhp@wheels with 218FTLBS of torque.

They would only take it to 6500rpm as the fueling started becoming lean then and they didnt want to push it incase it became more lean, so i just need a tad more fuel added there and its fine, then back up for a 2nd run.

So it made an amazing 1.6bhp more than last time haha.

Ill post up the graphs, apart from that they said the MAP is perfect and car runs really well with it.

Iain

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Id just like to point out, the car wasent pushed up all the RPM range but the RR operator didnt want to take the chance. He was certain the fuel would even out and more fuel would be added after 6500rpm but said that was my peak away.

The MAP was absolutely fine and they were really impressed with it. But last time it got rolling roaded it made around 213bhp@wheels, now its more 228bhp@wheels but made only 1bhp on the fly? Somehow i think its bollocks myself.

Iain

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
seems good figures to me mate ;)

Wheel HP seems the only way to read the power as different dyno's can change the settings for the flywheel calcs. for example your first dyno seems to be off around 18% losses whereas today is 12% losses :p

Think the 'norm' for a GT is around 15% which going off 228whp would give you in the region of 268fly hp :)