rpm

Foggy

Member +
Thats not good dont the jam ecus and other after market ecus let it rev to 8.5 you might have a after market one.

Rumel786

Member +
i had a look the other day and i could see its got a green stamp on (looks like standard) will have a closer look tomorrow.

Idrees

Banned
Or it may have been remapped in Japan or something. My cousins does the same, the importer told him it's been remapped and yes it is quick. :cool:

Rumel786

Member +
i thought standard ones are not re-mappable?the only history i know about my car it its an ex track car.

Guye

Lifer
i had a look the other day and i could see its got a green stamp on (looks like standard) will have a closer look tomorrow.
If there is a secondary daughter board inside the ecu itself, that is an indication that you have an upgraded aftermarket unit. Has you speed and fuel cut been removed (running more than 12.5psi of boost, can reach speeds over 180kmph) ? Do you feel a surge of power around 5000rpm that feels like another turbo started to spoolup?

Rumel786

Member +
not sure boot 5k thing as my td04 kicks in around 4.5 lol but do get alot of wheel spin at 5k!also i can go over 180km and im currently looking for some purple vacuum hosin,once i get it i will be runnin a bar of boost,current running 0.7 directly off turbo to external wastegate.

Guye

Lifer
i thought standard ones are not re-mappable?

They are not re-mappable, but the starting map for the aftermarket units are done in japan. After that any changes to parts or settings and the ecu uses the settings from the stock board to find a safe workable tune best suited for the new settings (within a reasonable limit), but without the stock ecu's restrictions.

Rumel786

Member +
dude why are u livin in barbados lol you need to be in leeds so u can have a closer look and explain it all to me lol will rep once im on pc tomorrow guys :)

Guye

Lifer
not sure boot 5k thing as my td04 kicks in around 4.5 lol but do get alot of wheel spin at 5k!also i can go over 180km

You sir, do not have a stock ecu. Once you are not running a unit like the hks sld, then these are, without a doubt, tell tales signs of an uprated aftermarket unit.

Rumel786

Member +
just were lookin at this on hksusa,regardless of having a sld still a stock ecu shouldnt let me rev to 8.5k revs which i assume is an definately aftermarket one?

Rumel786

Member +
i will rev it tomorrow again just to be 100% sure and will try to take a vid of it tomorrow lol ooww another goodie i didnt know about in my car!

Guye

Lifer
Aftermarket ecu's will still carry the stock green 4efte sticker, but there is normally another one with the tuning company's logo/name.
Photo_042507_004.jpg