sard k24 finally booked in for mapping!!!

gt-harry

Member +
well i have finally got round to booking my car in on the rollers, im having half live mappped on the road then the other half on surrey rolling road im using 2 bar tuning they mapped by brothers mr2 turbo to 311bhp so i no they are good!!!

my specis: let me no what you think and what you think ill make :)

SARD k24 turbo, manifold, down pipe, external wastegate and screemer pipe:rockon:
1.4mm cruise headgasket
blitz full exhaust
evo 6 front mount
uprated leads
NGK iridium spark plugs
knife edge and balanced crankshaft
forged rods
forged pistons
lightend and balance flywheel
excedy paddle clutch
ported, polished and flowed head
reprofiled standard canshafts
greddy profec b
power fc and commander
sard fuel pressure regulater
sard 550cc injectors
uprated fuel pump

loads of other bits but these are the performance ones lol

Last edited:

gt-harry

Member +
i reckon just over 200 but im not really bothered about what bhp i make just want it to be nice a torqey and pull on the roads!!!when i get time ill put some piccs up im a bit of a jdm fanatic :pso i got one bride seat in, cusco side bars, d2 coilovers, gauges everywhere etc etc :)

Damage

Member +
With the SARD manifold Im sure you'll pull some more extra power over us guys using CT9 manifolds. Good luck with this mate. Looking forward to see your results !

With all those you should be running over 250bhp for sure though !! Let us know at what boost you're mapping the car mate.

gt-harry

Member +
well im not entirely shore on boost i am a fully qualified mechanic but as for mapping i really dont no, i will leeve it entirely in the mappers arms i pressume he will keep on upping the boost till it reaches a safe point, the engine is built for it so i want him to take it as high as he can obviuosl without ricking blowing the engine, headgasket, etc ,etc

what boost will i be expectiing this to kick in at??

Kelly

Member +
i reckon just over 200 but im not really bothered about what bhp i make just want it to be nice a torqey and pull on the roads!!!when i get time ill put some piccs up im a bit of a jdm fanatic :pso i got one bride seat in, cusco side bars, d2 coilovers, gauges everywhere etc etc :)

hehe sounds like ours!!

good luck with it, cant wait see your results :)

gt-harry

Member +
lol getting excited now ha ha its like cristmas!!

i no every turbo is different but roughly what boost is maximum to run with my setup??

jamesgtturbo

Member +
very nice set up there mate should be nice on the road. did you build teh engine yourself ? id say it would safely run about 1.5 bar boost .

gt-harry

Member +
yea built it all from scratch the engine was bulit but i had to re do it as the bottom end was knackered :(

yea i was think up to about 1.6 bar anything more and iv heard they dont really do allot lol

Kelly

Member +
lol getting excited now ha ha its like cristmas!!

i no every turbo is different but roughly what boost is maximum to run with my setup??

not sure ppl dont have the flow maps for the turbos do they?!

we hit 1.3/1.4bar on our k24 and 1.5/1.6 in 5th gear.

gt-harry

Member +
lol when i get mine ill post them all up for you to have look at, should be interesting as not many people are running the sard manifold, or turbo!!

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Hey Harry, Sounds like a killer setup, bens flys at 225bhp and your running the sard mani so im expecting it to free up even more flow, should be good, also who you work for mate?

Cheers

gt-harry

Member +
cool cool, yea im interested to see what it will put out as like i said there are very few people running the sard mani or turbo!!! well its nearing now getting very excited lol iv decided this is worse than waiting for cristmas :)

i work at canterbury MAZDA nad HYUNDAI at the moment as a technician whys that??

Nick@TD.co.uk

cool cool, yea im interested to see what it will put out as like i said there are very few people running the sard mani or turbo!!! well its nearing now getting very excited lol iv decided this is worse than waiting for cristmas :)

i work at canterbury MAZDA nad HYUNDAI at the moment as a technician whys that??
Am i right in thinking you have been to the Nottingham college where the Toyota Academy is? Im on the toyota apprenticeship scheme and i went on one of the computers and you were logged in on the computer on tgtt.com haha :p

gt-harry

Member +
ha ha sorry people been at a car sho all weekend well i have reaults but not thr proper ones:( i had a problem of a leek in the inlet manifold, so i was unable to go over 1 bar, i am working on finding the fault then going back as my maper sais there is plenty to go with it:rockon:

but at 1 bar i made 207 bhp and 208 foot pounds of torque which i am very happy with, car pulls like a train

once i have found the leek i will be getting the last bit of mapping done , and yes i am woking on getting the charts up :) he estimates i should make about 240 to 260 bhp with higher boost :)

and yes i did go to m-teck college lol small world ay ha ha

Nick@TD.co.uk

ha ha sorry people been at a car sho all weekend well i have reaults but not thr proper ones:( i had a problem of a leek in the inlet manifold, so i was unable to go over 1 bar, i am working on finding the fault then going back as my maper sais there is plenty to go with it:rockon:

but at 1 bar i made 207 bhp and 208 foot pounds of torque which i am very happy with, car pulls like a train

once i have found the leek i will be getting the last bit of mapping done , and yes i am woking on getting the charts up :) he estimates i should make about 240 to 260 bhp with higher boost :)

and yes i did go to m-teck college lol small world ay ha ha
Nice results man! what sort of boost you gonna be going to? and your forged internals right?

And you finished at m-teck college now? if so its a shame would of love to have met up and had a look round your GT :gt-smilie: