Setting up SAFC

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
How do tuners do it? Does it have to go on the rollers and the fuel tweeked thru the rev range in each gear? Or do the just do it in first and all the other gears will be the same? Can it be done without going on the rollers using a wideband?

I'm not thinking about doing it myself, just wondered how its done thats all.

Cheers peeps.
Hutch.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Just wasn't sure what was involved. So a garage can set it up with it just sat there, not on the rollers or even moving using a wideband?

Jay I just noticed your "joined" date! I refuse to believe tgtt was on the go that far back!

Jay

Admin
Just wasn't sure what was involved. So a garage can set it up with it just sat there, not on the rollers or even moving using a wideband?

Jay I just noticed your "joined" date! I refuse to believe tgtt was on the go that far back!

On the track means in motion, usually in a frantically abusive manner in most cases. You need to measure the fuelling at high boost otherwise it'll probably blow something out the block.

You are the first one to mention my joined date. It's only been like that since day one of this new forum..:p

thechomper

Member +
is the apexi neo the same thing ,just the newer model of the apexi safc and are they the same to set up or similar

Fishy89GT

Banned
the neo is the new safc II the main difference is the neo has a colour screen, but i think the safc II is the best as you can store 2 fuel maps, appost to the neo's 1 ;)

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
You can't tune the safc stood still, must be done moving, some say road mapping is best some say dyno mapping is best, i believe a mixture of both is the best but you can get a perfectly good tune on the road for fueling, ignition timing is harder on the road as listening for detonation can be difficult due to all the other road noises but the safc cant do ignition anyways.

Good Luck