Side Exit Exhausts - Would you be interested?

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
We are at an early stage developing a side exit exhaust for the 4EFTE alongside a hugely well known and respected UK exhaust fabricator and wanted your input as to whether you would be interested in such a product.

Things like - Would you buy one? What kind of price would you be prepared to pay? Would you want it silenced or unsilenced? Bore size suggestions? Would you be prepared to cut your bumper?

Your thoughts and feedback would be most appreciated guys so we can make a start!

Mike - Monster Motorsport

ChrisGT

Member +
I have one at the minute and they are nice but the novelty does wear off. Mines pretty loud and it has a Tananbe backbox on it, I think a straight through system would be ridiculously loud.

They would also have to be very cheap as getting one made yourself can be around the £100-120 mark (and those were Powerflow prices, I'm sure a decent fabricators would do it for hardly anything). And if like me, you do cut your bumper its annoying if you want to ever change back to a normal type exhaust because you have a gaping hole in it and you'll need a new bumper.

There are also problems with MOT as my place effectively wanted a hanger for the backbox. Even though mine had a bracket from the piping to where the standard CAT mounts he still wanted the silencer to be secured - so I made up a bracket holding the backbox to the chassis and all was fine; but I think this bracket contributed to my exhaust and mani cracking tbh.

Its a good idea mate, but I think people who want a front exit will be able to get one made up themselves easily enough. Just my 2p.

Jay

Admin
I've been waiting on the winter to get one made up for my trackcar.

I can imagine the interest would certainly be there (you would be the first to offer such a component on here in bulk) but remember you will be competing against local fabricators for business. If you can handle that they will sell.

Jay

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
That's the problem with fabrication Mike there are too many traders on here that can fabricate. They don't need to use third party like us so can cut costs to a minimum. We would have made them years ago but as soon as we do another will pop up on the market which is what happens with a lot of items based on fabrication work. UK costs are also very high meaning having items fabricating aborad makes more economical sense.

monka

Member +
if you where going to do it, i'd say one that exited just behind the front wheel, or infront of the rear wheel, then people dont need to worry about a hole being left when they take it off

Rik

Member +
It would be tempting but i think most people usually just get a tail pipe and get it custom made for cheapness. How much do you think you would do them for? I defo wouldn't cut a hole in my toms bumper so probs get a second hand one an use that for it. Loving my nur spec atm though :) I wouldn't want a silencer in it either for pure evilness haha

Jay

Admin
I had a long chat with my fabricator tonight about my side exit. As feared it seems like we'll need to take into account (ie. fuck about with) back pressure in relation to how the engine reacts to get the most out of it.

That's a pretty big variable for my setup. Might take some research to create a decent unit that compliments the majority Mike.

Jay

Chris@CCM

Member +
I had a long chat with my fabricator tonight about my side exit. As feared it seems like we'll need to take into account (ie. fuck about with) back pressure in relation to how the engine reacts to get the most out of it.

That's a pretty big variable for my setup. Might take some research to create a decent unit that compliments the majority Mike.

Jay
u dont want any backpressure pritty much on a turbo car

ChrisGT

Member +
I'd also like to point out that with my front exit and CT9A at 1Bar I made 158bhp and 180lb/ft. So the BHP is down, but the torque is pretty good - could be a result of the exhaust I reckon as thats the only mod different on mine than other 1Bar Starbo's. Well thats what I reckon anyway lol :p

dan_ep82

Member +
You need a bit mate, I driven this car with no exhaust and it fucks about with the spoolup.

correct, this is the only logical reason i can see as to why blitz made there k24 downpipe only 2"

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Trust me, if I could get away with driving the car without an exhaust I would. Been there, tested that and it no workie ;)