Snapped Oil Feed Connector - Help please!

sdutton007

Member +
Hi,

I managed to snap the connector that goes between my oil feed line and my TD05. Can anyone please tell me what part I need (and where I can get one) ?

img20120815194047.jpg

img20120815194217.jpg

Alternatively, one of my TD04 kits came with this pipe - can anyone confirm whether this has been made for a starlet, or if it's off an impreza? If its for a starlet, can anyone provide a picture of how it fits on exactly, and what bolt I would need to connect it to the oil filter plate?

img20120815194352.jpg

Cheers!

Try camskill or give td or wepr a shout mate they will know what you need and both companies are amazing service but you will probs get it that bit faster with td being uk based good luck ! Lucky you caught it when you did were you driveing ? Hope theres no damage to anything !

sdutton007

Member +
Try camskill or give td or wepr a shout mate they will know what you need and both companies are amazing service but you will probs get it that bit faster with td being uk based good luck ! Lucky you caught it when you did were you driveing ? Hope theres no damage to anything !

I can try I guess, but with it being a non-standard part I don't hold out too much hope....

Worst case is that I have to buy another TD04 oil feed like this:
http://speedvisioncps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27&products_id=39

weeJohn

Lifer
I would try the other line to see if it fits, but those bolts are water line bolts not oil line. If you take the broken line to a hydraulic pipe place like Pirtek, the could put a new connection on it for you, but you would still need the oil bolt so they can see what size of fitting is needed.

sdutton007

Member +
dont think theres much difference tbh mate

Um... difference between what and what?

I would try the other line to see if it fits, but those bolts are water line bolts not oil line. If you take the broken line to a hydraulic pipe place like Pirtek, the could put a new connection on it for you, but you would still need the oil bolt so they can see what size of fitting is needed.

I had a play around with the other line, and it seems close but it's kinda hard to get one sitting in place on the turbo while bending the other side towards the oil filter housing.

Thanks for naming Pirtek - never heard of them before, but they sound like they should be able to help and there's one not too far from me so I might take the broken adapter to them tomorrow in my lunch break and see what they can do!

Random question: How can you tell they are water line bolts?

Rep +1

dark_knight

Member +
banjo torque

sorry to bring this up now.. but how in the heck did you snap that..? did you go at it with a billion wrenching torques as you put it in..? experience will teach you that banjo bolts don't like being over-torqued like you are trying to tighten a wheel stud.. :D
this is so that you don't get a replacement and snap it all over again.. :|

sdutton007

Member +
sorry to bring this up now.. but how in the heck did you snap that..? did you go at it with a billion wrenching torques as you put it in..? experience will teach you that banjo bolts don't like being over-torqued like you are trying to tighten a wheel stud.. :D
this is so that you don't get a replacement and snap it all over again.. :|

Cheap flimsy metal that's very easy to damage. Loosened it off to adjust it as it was nearly touching the manifold, and it snapped clean off!

sdutton007

Member +
I just spent my lunchtime trying a couple of engineering firms, a garage and Pirtek.... nobody was able to even give me the tread sizes. so....

Can anybody please tell me the fitting sizes for:
- oil feed hole on a TD04/TD05 ?
- oil feed hole next to the oil filter?

If I can get these measurements, I should be able to get a replacement part...

dark_knight

Member +
on my td04L, the oil feed banjo port is M10x1.5mm but i have seen documentation that says M10x1.25mm so i no longer know what is what.. :(

weeJohn

Lifer
Think it is M10 x 1.5, here is an ebay link that confirms it. I wouldnt buy that bolt, it looks like cheap shite, the Subaru part number has been posted a few times before so a search should find it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M10-X-1-5...CarParts_SM&hash=item337afc2984#ht_1481wt_952

When I got my hose made up by them they wanted to measure the bolt to get the feed hole position right for the banjo. It is possible to get a hydraulic fitting that screws in and stays in the turbo permanently, then a matching fitting on the hose that can be tightened and removed as many times as you want, but better to speak to them about that.

What hole are you talking about for a feed, the stock oil filter housing bolt or the small plug in the block? You can take whatever one with you and they can match the thread size.

I knew it was a water bolt as the hole in the bolt is massive compared to an oil bolt.

Last edited:

sdutton007

Member +
Think it is M10 x 1.5, here is an ebay link that confirms it. I wouldnt buy that bolt, it looks like cheap shite, the Subaru part number has been posted a few times before so a search should find it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M10-X-1-5...CarParts_SM&hash=item337afc2984#ht_1481wt_952

When I got my hose made up by them they wanted to measure the bolt to get the feed hole position right for the banjo. It is possible to get a hydraulic fitting that screws in and stays in the turbo permanently, then a matching fitting on the hose that can be tightened and removed as many times as you want, but better to speak to them about that.

What hole are you talking about for a feed, the stock oil filter housing bolt or the small plug in the block? You can take whatever one with you and they can match the thread size.

I knew it was a water bolt as the hole in the bolt is massive compared to an oil bolt.

I'm talking about the hole next to the oil filter that the oil feed screws into.

Anyway, I finally found a place that could tell me the thread sizes:
M10 x 1.00p to M10 x 1.50p. Also the thread that screws into the TD04/TD05 is a M14x1.50p

weeJohn

Lifer
I'm talking about the hole next to the oil filter that the oil feed screws into.

Anyway, I finally found a place that could tell me the thread sizes:
M10 x 1.00p to M10 x 1.50p. Also the thread that screws into the TD04/TD05 is a M14x1.50p

The oil bolt in a TD turbo is not an M14, the oil bolt on the bottom of the oil filter housing may be?????