Some C@@T

Spoonz

Member +
Well. Got phone call this morning from my mum saying that the bottom end that was in the garden had been robbed.

Im like WTF its in a coldie sack and u cant see it so why.

After i stop ranting and raving and thinking who this could of been she tells me that there was some scrap people up the road asking if anyone had any scrap metal and has no1 was in our house at the time om guessing they decided they would have it.

I was using the crank outta this engine to fix mine and then building a forge block up. Not no more.

I beleave P2D had something similar happen to him aswell

Police are involved etc but i think nothing will come of it.

RANT OVER

stuart

Member +
Sorry to hear about that mate :( Can't have owt these days!!!!!

Yeah the scrap people....I was working on starlet last weekend and they came around, sat in garage have 4efte block, and a couple of vauxhall blocks asked me if they were scrap, I gave em my old crank that was shagged but he still walked into the garage to have a nosey :(

Spoonz

Member +
yep stupid pikey feckers. Next they'll be robbing the drain covers again.
I think they got a describtion etc etc but the police are useless so i aint expecting to see it again

Spoonz

Member +
@stuart yea that sounds about right lucky i neva took the gearbox outt yesterday or i would be truly fukked

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Yeah i have my Old GT Siting on my drive and left some pieces of metal under it such as exhaust etc and one of them knocked on my door asking if they could have it no doubt if anyone was not in it would have been pinched.

Sorry to hear this mate ! Heard another Starlet got stolen in Bristol too a mate of mine lives near Warmley. So not looking to just lately.

Spoonz

Member +
@starlet gt bristol yea heard bout the staret

@p2d yea i was worried they may have touched the car had all my tools in there lucky they just took the engine

Luckly i think ive sorced a another crank so all good car can still be done tomorrow

Rik

Member +
Start hooking up some live cables to your bits of metal lads, that will teach the pikeys!!

dac69er

Super Moderator
pikeys coming onsite at work and stealing all our stainless steel had got so bad we had to finally employ 24hr security at the gate. they have still managed to sneak in once or twice though.

pikeys will risk anything to get a bit of scrap, its worth a fortune nowdays.

goldenvtr

Member +
barstards, they come down my cul de sac every now and again, a few weeks ago next door had a skip and they emptied half of it, took all the plastics and metal, chucked it on a pickup type van and went, pikey bellends

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Scrap is worth a lot at the moment that is why it's so popular, we managed to get a Mazda 626 up to 2.5 tonnes by filling! :eek:

Spoonz fear not you'll be able to find another just a complete pain for you which I can appreciate. Helping themselves is very cheeky but just what goes on keep it all covered, we get hassled daily for scrap part and parcel of this trade really

Kelly

Member +
Luckily i'm always home when they call. So i cant say wether or not the ones round here would take it or not without permission.

When we fitted new bathroom the bath we took out was cast iron bath extremley heavy, we left it in front garden til the next day worried about what do with it too heavy move etc. Luckily scrap man wanted it ! Did me a huge favour!

They came the other week and took all my air con stuff that i had taken off the car. And my friends old rad off his car. But i dont leave anything else out that i want just incase. Although that shouldnt have to be the case.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
How much is an old Volvo worth? I'll be scrapping that soon, 1.2 tonnes.