Some fun with Spammers/scammers updated 02/01/09 latest reply

gv1.3

Admin
I recently got an email from a Russian lady who needs some heat as its getting cold over there in good old Russia so rather than just ignoring it I decided to respond... lets see how far we can take it :)

Oh... I am John by the way :haha:

Hi,

My name is Elena, I am 31 year and I live in Russian province. I work in library and I use computer after work when it possible.
I finded your address in internet and I decided to write you this letter.

I have 7-year daughter Angelina, her father abandoned us and we live with my mother.

Due to the financial crisis in our country my mother lost job and our situation became very difficult.

The prices for gas is very high in our region and we cannot use it to heat our home anymore.

The winter is coming and weather become colder each day. We worry if the temperature will below 0 degrees in our home, we will not be able to survive.

For heating our home during winter we need portable stove which give heat from burning wood. We have many wood in our region, but we cannot buy the stove in local market because it cost equivalent of 193 Euro and very expensive for us. If you have any old portable stove, we will be very happy if you can donate it to us and organize transport of its to our address or help us to buy it in our local market. This ovens are different, they made from cast iron and weight about 100-150kg.

I downloaded our picture to free website and you can see it at: REMOVED

It is not of very good quality, but it will give you idea how we look.

I pray for your help.

Elena.
Russia.

gv1.3

Admin
Hi Elena,

I have a stove which would suit your needs but it is very heavy and the postage to Russia would be very expensive. It would work out cheaper to just give you the money and you can pick a stove up at your local market.
How would I go about sending the money to you? Is there anything else such as clothing or bedding which you might also need and how much would that cost?

Kind regards,

John.

gv1.3

Admin
Dear John,

Thank you very much for your message.

It would be great if you can help us with clothes for my daughter.

If you can help us to buy the stove, you can send your help to my bank account - is this way comfortable for you?

Elena.

gv1.3

Admin
Hi Elena,

what is involved in fitting the stove? Can someone you know do this or will you need to hire a person to carry out the work?
What kind of clothes would youor daughter need? Do you need any clothes for yourself? I could send clothes of all types or could include more money with the stove payment, which would be better?

Bank account would be fine, perhaps you can also tell me where you are based in Russia as I will be visiting in the next 4 months on business and could perhaps come to meet you.

John

gv1.3

Admin
Dear John,

Thank you very much for your message.

We live in Kaluga city - 200km from Moscow.
Yes I have a friend who will help us to install the stove in our home.

I'm happy that you can help us to buy the portable stove. I heared about very reliable way how you can send money to our country. It is through Western Union and your help will reach us during one day.

I visited local Western Union office and they told me the following:

Remittance via Western Union can be sent to name and address of its receiver. Therefore you can send your help to my name and our address:

Elena Galitsyna,
Ulica Kirova 25-54,
Kaluga, 248000
Russia.

To send remittance you need to visit local Western Union office into your city. Usually they are located inside of post offices, train stations or banks.
You can find adress of nearest Western Union Agent in your city if you go to this link:
http://www.westernunion.com/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&pagename=agentLocator
Please enter the name of your city and choose your country from list of countrys and you will get a list with addresses you can visit.

When your remittance is sent, please inform me money transfer control number (MTCN), your full name, amount of your remittance and name of the city where
the remittance was sent from.
After I will visit our local Western Union Office and receive your help.

I will be waiting for your message. Thank you so much for your help.

Elena.

gv1.3

Admin
Dear Elena,

I am so sorry for the delay in replying but my car spun a bearing and spit a rod out through the block so now I need a new engine. I really dont know what to do now as I dont have enough money for the engine and for your stove. If I am truthful I could probably get the bus to work for a few weeks and save for a new engine as you sound like you need the stove urgently.

Can you let me know if your stove can wait or if you really need it immediately? If you need it immediately I will send you the money and if it can wait I will save and send it in a few weeks time. In the meantime I would like it if you could tell me a little bit about what it is like in Russia, I desperately want to go there and see it, perhaps I could visit you?

Best Regards,

John

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Classic. Your replies are well good lol.

Ive had emails like this before... wish i sent back the same as you haha

ChrisGT

Member +
Haha thats awesome mate! Keep pulling on the scammers heart strings by making out you are going way out of your way to help her and putting yourself under financial strain. Such scum out there! lol

Aidan-G

Member +
anyone notice as soon as "she" figures she might be geting the money,her typing in english seems to get better!!:p

gv1.3

Admin
leave Elena alone!! she works hard in that damn library !!

she seems to know western unions procedures inside out though..