speedvision cam timing

when i installed my cams last night i alingned the (2 little marks to the one big mark)inside the head as u do on std ones
got them torqed down then fitted the top pully and it wasnt on the mark ??so i turned it to the 4e mark
Image093.jpg

and the dots in the inside of the engine sit hear
Image092.jpg

this look correct ???
all coments welcome ;)

Last edited:
i think your find also ones you sorted that with these cams as ive got the same and i spoke to gaz you line the bottom end up and the top end will line up more to the right of the dimpple on the head never bang on centre should be more to the left.................... what springs you running bud also can you tell me what your compression is after you fit these cams ive heard that there is quite a bit of a drop with this cams after fitting them due to high lift thanks dan

i think your find also ones you sorted that with these cams as ive got the same and i spoke to gaz you line the bottom end up and the top end will line up more to the right of the dimpple on the head never bang on centre should be more to the left.................... what springs you running bud also can you tell me what your compression is after you fit these cams ive heard that there is quite a bit of a drop with this cams after fitting them due to high lift thanks dan

in english ?

Evo

Member +
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

I've been struggling with mine for weeks.

Had them sent to kent cams to be measured on the cam doctor and then timed them in as perfectly as possible using a vernier adjustable pulley but the car won't idle or rev smoothly.

I've got speedvision springs too (lowered into the head due to them going coil bound before) and have had the head ported and polished and a 3 angle valve seats done.

I've spoken to sam and thought i might have a dodgey set but if others are having problems with their timing marks lining up then maybe not.

Could do with some help on this too as it's causing me loads of grief.

Are you definitely supposed to turn the crank to TDC (bottom timing mark) and then just make sure the internal gears are meshed together so the two timing marks are together and ignore the cam belt pulley?

Christian

Texx

Super Moderator
I'm struggling to establish what the exact issue is with these cams?

Is it that the timing marks on the gears and pulley don't line up?

Chris@CCM

Member +
It's a joke ppl r fittn cams and cars are not running rite at all seen a set fitted the other day and the car would do nothing but dett it's head off and the other one would not run rite at all I've used the first ones made a long time ago were ok but the newer ones are defo not rite

Thats why the cruise cams are $1700 and the these ones are $400. Now i do think the cruise ones are a little expensive but at the end of the day, you pay for what you get

Texx

Super Moderator
It's a joke ppl r fittn cams and cars are not running rite at all seen a set fitted the other day and the car would do nothing but dett it's head off and the other one would not run rite at all I've used the first ones made a long time ago were ok but the newer ones are defo not rite

Have any of these engines had their valve timing checked in relation to piston stroke using several dial gauges, rather than going by the timing marks?

Thats why the cruise cams are $1700 and the these ones are $400. Now i do think the cruise ones are a little expensive but at the end of the day, you pay for what you get

I understand what your saying, but if you pay money for something it should work as expected regardless of cost.

I understand what your saying, but if you pay money for something it should work as expected regardless of cost.

I totally agree with you, if you pay for something it shoud work and if it doesnt work then his money should be refunded but having said that, if the cruise cams are more than 4 times dearer then the ones your buying, that must tell you something. Id say something if these were only 4 or 5 hundred dollers less than the cruise ones. If that was the case you'd say that cruise are just thieving bastards, which they kinda are anyway :haha:, but they're $399 guys, thats $1300 cheaper than the cruise ones. I don't know about you but id be very skeptical buying something that much cheaper than the alternative but thats just me

Did you ever think the cruise ones are a ridiculas price dude? You can get custom billet cams made for Starlets that cost nowhere near the price of cruise ones.