Speedvision new billet cams 265 degrees and uprated valve springs

Barretta

Member +
Speedvision new billet cams 265 degrees + uprated valve springs problems.

Guys

Anyone having problems with Uprated Valve Springs from Speedvision and billet cams 265 degrees?

thanks

Last edited:

Barretta

Member +
Guys

Can you tell here who is happy with this cams?
And please say how many miles have you done with the cams on it?
Any problems like noises?
I did 1600 miles with this cams and i have a noise coming from the top of the cylinder head?
Any ideas i'm also using speedvision springs too.

speedvision

Member +
Guys

Can you tell here who is happy with this cams?
And please say how many miles have you done with the cams on it?
Any problems like noises?
I did 1600 miles with this cams and i have a noise coming from the top of the cylinder head?
Any ideas i'm also using speedvision springs too.

i would most likely put this down to a too high spring pressure being used and it will wear the cam away very quickly

sam

i have both ive fitted both and there both running fine whats the problem apart from being a little noisey the springs as they are uprated and will push the valve up twice as had making it a bit more tappy then normal like all valve springs whats the problem ????

dont be put off, sam sells good stuff, these are not standard weak springs they are very hard valve springs that will wear in to more noise its nuffin to be afaid off unless your talking about other head parts like shims taping dude

i very much doubt that the springs and cams are causing more noise after 1600miles mate

Shorty

Member +
no offence mate but you dont know the whole picture and barretta knows his stuff when it comes to 4efte's its not noise thats the problem he has said they made alot more noise after 1600 miles but the problem is the rapid wear and damage to the head. he hasnt blamed the cams as such he is just looking for info to find out where it whent wrong and i see nothing wrong with him speaking to sam he isnt trying to put anyone of the cams!!

speedvision

Member +
sam do u know what spring pressure your ment to use?

hey ryan i am not sure as to the correct figure so i usually leave it up to the engine builders who usually has the information..but again too much pressure will wear away quickly and u will have more clearance than usual which will lead to shim clearance being off and then noise..

sam

no sorry i totally understand as ive just built my head 5e engine and fitted these cams and have done 1000 miles myself now still sounds the same so i am intrested myself i cant see them doing that much damage as they will just wear down a little if im right that may cause the head to need a reshim after fitting mine and havin the shims set up i did complain about the noise the head made then found it was quite normal with uprated valve springs so i kind of stopped worrying till now lol

Shorty

Member +
is that to do with the seating of the springs then sam??

@dan - didnt mean to sound snappy mate :D im glad you see what we mean now, its no disrespect to sam or his products, its just questions to help with rebuilding and avoiding simlar issues :)

Last edited:
and surly buying both springs and cams from speedvisions is the correct set up other wise wouldent be made so i wouldent worry about them being more pressure as it should be correct if buying both... and not enough pressure if im right wont wear away shims...... as again speedvisions kit have been tested ?? so im sure shouldent be wearin away shims if the 2 are brought ??

Shorty

Member +
so the pressure the lobe is under when its at the least pressure to the spring? (if you follow)

also a good point dan ;) as both where bought, im personaly trying to understand how these work as im after a set myself :) but know very little about this specific area.

Last edited:

Shorty

Member +
na no need for slaps :) i know what you mean, iv spoken with barretta like i say and he has a good understanding but i personaly dont have a clue on cams and i am now exploring this area so i can understand the upgrade before i part wiht the money :) how much did it cost you for the head work dan? shims, spring seating etc

nick jones charged me 200 pounds as i didnt have the time to do it all myself while building the rest of my 5e....any way replaced all valve stems relapped the valves fitted the springs fitted the cams tensioned the cam gears and head the head skimmed itself and posted back to me for 200 pounds his work is good what he does..... shorty if i was you i would go to nick email the guy hes good im driving 267 miles this sunday the 28th just so he can do all the mapping on my car

Shorty

Member +
i think i might, as the engine cost a bomb to build so dont want any hassle from badley carried out work, i may pick up a new head and post it to him for the work and the cams to be fitted etc :) cheers for that dan.