Sportif Turbo????

GTWorld

Member +
Alright every1 ive been viewing this website for a while now and have decided i want to do somethink that i don't think ppl have done..

Basically i have a 1.3 sportif and wna make it turbo.

Am i right by saying all i need for this is:
Standard CT9 Turbo
Manifold
FMIC
Air Filter
Higher the Gasket to lower the compression

Add on if i have forgot anythink would be appreciated!!!

Cheers Guy:p

lingl9z

Member +
I dno im getting a gt next year but wna do sumtink to my sportif thats cheap and gna make it abit quicker any ideas?:p

lol if your getting a GT next year theres not much point spending money on the sportif which your not likely to get back when it comes to selling :) Save the money for the GT mate!

GTWorld

Member +
lol if your getting a GT next year theres not much point spending money on the sportif which your not likely to get back when it comes to selling :) Save the money for the GT mate!

Yh i spose mate but its annoying when i go out with all me mates av got turbos and im just left well behind lol:homer:

lingl9z

Member +
Yh i spose mate but its annoying when i go out with all me mates av got turbos and im just left well behind lol:homer:
Lol i know how you feel, been in that position before lol! i ended up just being a passenger made more sence + saved petrol =D

You can turbo the 4efe, its been done before. I can't remember where I seen it though maybe on the oz site??

Aye its been done before seen a few, but i believe you can only run low boost due to the higher compression rate inless the change a few bits in the block

GTWorld

Member +
Lol i know how you feel, been in that position before lol! i ended up just being a passenger made more sence + saved petrol =D

Aye its been done before seen a few, but i believe you can only run low boost due to the higher compression rate inless the change a few bits in the block

All you have to do is higher the gasket as that lowers the compression???:homer:

GTWorld

Member +
can't find the link but speak to starlet1300 on http://www.austarletclub.com/
he turbo'd a EP91 N/A using the standard ecu and somthing to trick to map sensor aswell as adjusting the fuel pressure

I think the sensible thing is just wait till i get my Gt i should have a good 8k saved up by then lol fully tuned in a couple of months of having it lol.... Hows ur car problems going?

squeekyduck

Member +
What you are doing is not origional but this makes it easier as there are people who can offer you advice from first hand experience.
What you will need for this to work is:
Complete 4efte engine with turbo, manifold, exhaust and front mount intercooler
4efte complete loom and ecu.
You should also upgrade your brakes and suspension along with a rear disk conversion.

GTWorld

Member +
What you are doing is not origional but this makes it easier as there are people who can offer you advice from first hand experience.
What you will need for this to work is:
Complete 4efte engine with turbo, manifold, exhaust and front mount intercooler
4efte complete loom and ecu.
You should also upgrade your brakes and suspension along with a rear disk conversion.

Lol so def just wait and buy my gt next year lol!!!!:(

lingl9z

Member +
I think the sensible thing is just wait till i get my Gt i should have a good 8k saved up by then lol fully tuned in a couple of months of having it lol.... Hows ur car problems going?

Thats the best way to be mate!, I've a gearbox coming sometime this week was gonna pay £100 to get it fitted from a member on here but a mate thats a mechanic owes me money so he's gonna fit it for me, the headgasket will take me a while to save some cash up but will be back on the road soon hopefully! lol untill then im driving the purple corsa =D