Starlets and the site going to pot ?

Chris@CCM

Member +
Just looking about the site the last few weeks not much going on these days is the starlet following dieting out ?

Ted

Member +
well if the whole starlet thing ends up a smaller enthusiast based following then all the better

dac69er

Super Moderator
im still carrying on my projects. its the winter so fuck all happens anyway.

people dont have the disposable income they used too. fuck all is selling and not much interesting is up for sale. and this is in general. check autotrader, there is nothing on there really.

once the chavs have ruined the shitty cheap starlets only the gooduns will be left.

Ted

Member +
That's true how manny years we been on this site now lol

too many. its gone beyond what will i get next for me. i have other cars for daily driving. think i will just keep mine forever. and in ten years when they are all legislated off the road i will still keep it.

dac69er

Super Moderator
too many. its gone beyond what will i get next for me. i have other cars for daily driving. think i will just keep mine forever. and in ten years when they are all legislated off the road i will still keep it.

agreed. at the moment, they are at the point where they are worth next to fuck all. better just to keep them than sell. i have 3 and wouldnt sell any of them :)

turboloon

Member +
i have thought about getting another motor myself ,but when you way up the pro's and cons the pros's for the starlet they far outweigh the cons,running costs for example even when td04'd are cheap as chips compared to evo's m3's etc...i'vv just turned 41 now and to be quite honest i love taking the starlet out for a blast,and they're easy enough for a hobbie mechanic like myself to tinker with,(good job i found this forum though)and i've met some decent ,like minded people from here,so don't think i'll be going any palce soon...

JonoPhilpott

Member +
^^ AGREE
Not been here long but the people ive met and 98% of the people ive had deals with are wicked.
Most importantly the stuff i have learned from here ( and by mistakes)
My car blew up early last year still sat on my drive i cant part with it.

buckets

Member +
Think since that other site started up what's it toc.url most are on that ,that were on here originally ,here has more or less the best input for Toyota starlet/Glanza theres alot of cars still around from what I see ,the winter time sucks and that's just it

turbojim

Lifer
not being mean to any one on toc (im on it) but its like the childs version of this place. without tgtt i wouldnt have bought a gt probably and this place has been a major lifeline so many times I reckon its quieter now but its still as good as always just alot of the shite has moved to other sites

buckets

Member +
not being mean to any one on toc (im on it) but its like the childs version of this place. without tgtt i wouldnt have bought a gt probably and this place has been a major lifeline so many times I reckon its quieter now but its still as good as always just alot of the shite has moved to other sites
Good answer :) liking the child's version thing you deffo have that right

toyotagt

Member +

that site is full of 16 year olds and tbh i think a lot pf ppl on that site either dont drive, or are young ppl that think they no it all..
now there is some good very helpful ppl there too..

not sayin it about every1, i use that site too.. but this site is aimed at starlet turbos and think of the amount of serious good cars that are on this site and were, they prob wouldnt be here without this site, mine wouldnt anyway cos i got lots of info and parts here..

Vincent-ep91

Member +
i dunno, a lot of people have enquired about stuff and if they put in the effort, they would have the answer to the problem without asking people.
but instead, they ask and it annoys people, because the topic has been covered about a hundred times before

chtarlet

Fresh Recruit
Its funny this topic should come up, ive just started spending alot more time on here, getting things sorted on the car that had been left a little longer than they should have!! But all is well and shes running like a dream! I dont understand how there seems to be quite a bit of starlet braking going down.. seem solid engines.

turboloon

Member +
just that people spend so much cash ontheir starlets it's the only way that they can recoup any sort of decent money from it...

Rob H

Member +
Well, I am 31 and I have no plans of getting shut or breaking mine!! Its just the same as every thing els in life ya have to take the ruff with the smooooth!! I know there is often more ruff than smooth but thats life!! If I worked out I had spent on mine over the year I am quite sure it would pay a big chunk off my mortgage but sod it!! I only go out drinking once a blue moon stuff like that dont bother me so the car is my drink lol. This place is my second home I just about live on here my fav of the starlet sites by far but I suppose I have been on here a lot longer and know my way round it rather well!!

Last edited: