still whining noise and no boost

help please

i have just fitted a new turbo and i have taken it out for a test drive and it is not boosting at all. ive checked vacuum hoses etc. and sugestions. thanks

new turbo but problems

ive just put my new turbo in but im having problems. when the car is revved when it isnt moving it revs fine but as soon as i put it in gear and go to pull away it has no power at all. any ideas please. thanks

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
did u correct the oil lines propperly? is the actuator connected well?

is the actuator any good? ie stock?

is the lambda sensor connected? & cliped in place?

kon

help neede asap please

driving along lastnight and i put my foot down in second and it didnt boost at all. there is a really loud whining noise. the more i put my foot down the louder it gets. ive checked all my vacuum pipes and they are all fine. any ideas please. thanks

smythy75

Member +
it seems like here is a boost leak!!!!! ask somhairle on here, think he had the same prob at a time, (welcome moderator)

Craig_GT

Lifer
defo sounds like a boost leak mate, the whining noise kinda gives it away..

same thing happened to me and it was a pipe had blown of at my BOV

still having problems

i stil cant find why my turbo is not boostin. still the really loud whining noise aswell. i have changed all the pipes, taken turbo off and had a look and it looks fine. dont no what to do next

thefalls

Member +
you have to describe the signs and symptoms in detail in order to get a grasp of ur issue mate....i had the same problem lately....it turned out to be the actuator that was faulty....i was only getting boost at abt 5k rpm....trust me that was like driving a heavy log of wood!

major problems STILL!!!!!"!

i posted up yesterday about my car not boosting. i have changed all the vacuum hoses, taken turbo off and checked that, checked absoloutly everything. the turbo is spinning but not boosting. it makes a really loud whining noise and i really dont no what to check next. any suggestions would be great. thanks

stuart

Member +
Mine made a nasty whining noise when a intercooler pipe wasn't connected properly? You running a front mount or top?