Stock rev limit

Rumel786

Member +
Well this has been covered a few times BUT reading through threads people are giving different figures.

What is the rev limit on a stock ep82 with a stock ecu?

As last night my car went to 7500rpm and im not sure if this is above stock rev limit.

sx_turbo

Lifer
there is inacuraces on the clocks so what u see isnt always what u get.

i think of memory, gt stock is 7400, and glanza 7600, but the rev limit is governed by the ecu not the rev counter

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
my safc was reading 900idle and stock revcounter 1k i would beleive the safc as its the most thing reading near the ecu and 99.9% would be more acurate.

as for rev limiterthere where times that mine kicked in at 7200 and also at 7500

sometimes also if its reving fast, you change gear and revs keep going a bit to 7800 or so.. but again probably its the stock rev counter givving false readings

glanzapower

Member +
not sure if the clocks are accurate but ive done about 7400 rpm on my glanza but i think it can push to 7600 rpm but havent tried

corofin12345

Member +
haha ya defo but i just hate seen little puppies..lol. goin around the place bouncing the cars off the limiter all of the time.. no need for it.. ave a picture of my engine in the members garage.. the lad i bought the car off redend it.. as seen by a few members on this site at a show in sligo..

Last edited:

Rumel786

Member +
haha ya defo but i just hate seen little shits goin around the place bouncing the cars off the limiter all of the time.. no need for it.. ave a picture of my engine in the members garage.. the lad i bought the car off redend it.. as seen by a few members on this site at a show in sligo..

Little shits? i hope your not referring to myself with that comment or maybe you might want to re-word that as it could offend others.

When i was running my td04 hybrid with it hitting full boost at around 4.2k revs and boost tailing off quite late in second and third gear i felt i had to go to around 7.5k rpm to sometimes 8k rpm before changing gear as the power wasnt tailing off until around that point.

Galen

Lifer
haha ya defo but i just hate seen little shits goin around the place bouncing the cars off the limiter all of the time.. no need for it.. ave a picture of my engine in the members garage.. the lad i bought the car off redend it.. as seen by a few members on this site at a show in sligo..

But we're not talking about sitting in neutral and limiting the car, i agree that's just stupid!
When i say i seen over 7500rpm on my avc-r that was in third gear and that was all of once in the 3years i have the car!
But 7500rpm limit is for ghey's, 8000's where its at! Lol

Dan3SGTE

Member +

If you sit there bouncing off the limiter for longer then you should then yeah, you need to learn to drive. I bounce of the limiter sometimes with my EK9 reason being the power shown on my graph continues to rise until it hits the limiter so get the most out of the car without hitting the limiter can sometimes be a task. Im pretty good now but at first was a nightmare.

My starlet hits the limiter 1st and 2nd as soon as you put your foot down, even 3rd with bad tires...... Am i a little shit?

Sparky

Member +
I dont mind a bit of the governor, puts out some nice flames :p

But yea used to rev my car until boost started to drop off, about 6500, shitty ct9 :p