*STOLEN* Mitsubishi Colt 1.6GLX Highly Modified Stolen at Knife Point!!!!

Broomy

Member +
Yes thats right.....

i returned from holiday in Devon at around 1730hrs on Sat 16th August 2008.

I popped to town to collect a takeaway, then to may mates.. returned home, locked the car then went on a night out with a few mates around the club in Wigan town centre.....

i recieved a phone call off my dad at around 0100hrs sunday 17th August to inform me that he had been held at knife point by two intruders, who had then taken my keys then proceeded to drive off in my highly modified Colt!!!!!

i got a taxi home straight away to deal with the situation.......

i returned home to find that my dad had been in the kitchen while the two intruders had entered through the unlocked front door... removed my keys from the "key basket".....

my dad heard keys jangle... and thought it was unusual i was home so early... went to the hall to see two balaclava clad scallies exiting the house and going towards the Colt... he ran out (in his dressing gown ..... as threatening as that sounds...) to be told by the "driver" ... to just walk away ... whilst brandishing a Knife!!!!!

they then drove off in the car.. my dad rang the Police... and to be fair to them they were on the scene withing 10mins!!!!!

i was home not long after.... unfortunatly a tiny bit intoxicated!!!!

i have informed all of my local friends... but thought it may be worth putting up the news of the theft on here (even though there arent many northeners)

the car may have just been used for a joy ride ... but until i know any different.. im under the suspision its gonna be stripped!!!!

the car is fairly highly modified.... one of the only things untouched is the actuall engine itself...

for obvious reasons i do not wish to fully disclose the full list of modifications and thier value.... as some low life scumbag could be reading this.....

the Reg is: P844 CDF

it has rare silver 16x7" 5-spoke alloy wheels. BLUE HID 8000K headlights. rare JDM foglights.... FULL LEATHER INTERIOR... (we all know how rare that is!!!!! ) GAZ Coilovers... and one or two other trick bits.... if you have any info as to the whereabout of this car..... of possible parts from it on ebay.... please get in touch with either myself or a member of staff on the forum!!!

here are a few pics of the car:

BILD0106edit.jpg

BILD0104.jpg

BILD0095edit.jpg

Image055.jpg

Image019.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Thankfully my dad is ok... if a little shaken up!!!

any info would be much appriciated!!!

as im sure you can guess.... im absolutly heartbroken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Broomy

Member +
sorry... i forgot to add to that..

Im based In Wigan in the North West of England

i was half pissed when i wrote the above message... but couldnt really sleep...

will add any additional details when i think of them!!!

=(

Bullet00th

Member +
OMG i can't believe this mate. Has really shocked me reading that. I'll ring a couple of my mates now and tell them to keep a look out for your car. Glad you and your dad are ok!

Matt

Broomy

Member +
OMG i can't believe this mate. Has really shocked me reading that. I'll ring a couple of my mates now and tell them to keep a look out for your car. Glad you and your dad are ok!

Matt

cheers bud... your lucky i dont have your mobile number... otherwise you woulda got a text at about 2am this morning hehe

also worth noting... the ANIMAL sticker on the rear window has been removed!!!

thanks

Gee

Member +
That is really shitty mate. Always keep your doors locked people! These sneek in crooks are becoming more common.

I am not too far from Wigan, I will keep an eye out anyway, you never know.

Broomy

Member +
That is really shitty mate. Always keep your doors locked people! These sneek in crooks are becoming more common.

I am not too far from Wigan, I will keep an eye out anyway, you never know.

the shitter is... the door is usually locked.. my dad had been in an out of the house all night unloading the jeep....

what ive got to remember is... i goto work to earn my living....

these barstewards steal for a living.... just waiting for you to make a tiny little mistake!!!

will keep you updated!!!!

goldenvtr

Member +
fukin-ell mate really sorry to hear! at least no one got hurt. hope you get it back in one peice :( ill keep an eye out round my area but i am pretty far away.

Broomy

Member +
cheers for the lookout.. but you can stand down.. the car has been recovered to a garage about 25miles from my house...

ive yet to be informed of the state of the car.... will let you know when i find out :)

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I can't believe the brazen cheek of some people. To just walk into someones house and take what you want, while the owners are in the next room!!!!! It just shows a complete lack of respect for people and the law. String scumbags like that up by their fucking bollocks I say.

Broomy

Member +
well its still in the hands of the police.... and i dont trust them shower of bastards either!!!

i'll be happy when she's home :)

Broomy

Member +
I can't believe the brazen cheek of some people. To just walk into someones house and take what you want, while the owners are in the next room!!!!! It just shows a complete lack of respect for people and the law. String scumbags like that up by their fucking bollocks I say.

thats whats totally crapped me and my dad up!!

you think your safe in your own home!! it's ridiculous!!! im beginnig to hate this country now... and its low life scum!!!

Si-W

Member +
was out with chris last night when he got the call it was a rubbish night out anyway and this happening was a shock especialy the drunken condition we was both in, im just so happy that the police have got the car and from the sounds of it the car was not on fire when they did which is a complete relief as that was what i was worrying about.

just gotta hope that tomorrow you get the car back the way it was pal, give me a text and let me know

wow, that is shocking. Glad no one was hurt and you got it back, still my regards to you and your dad for the shock!

My dad's vectra was stolen like this about a decade ago, fortunately we didn't realise till they were long gone - my mum was in the kitchen and heard them but thought it was one of us, thank god!
We fitted a yale lock and now keep the keys hidden well away from the front door...