strange noise again from turbo?

steveatyork

Member +
just put my standard turbo back on.im getting a funny noise from the airfilter.when u blip the throttle its like a short air noise.very strange. bit like a n/a car when u blip the throttle with a airfilter on.checked hoses ect. can any 1 help.

Dave.

Member +
What kind of filter is it? Sure it isn't just the noise the air makes passing through it?

Dave

steveatyork

Member +
re

any suggestions?
evrything seems connected as it should be? strange thing is i was getting this noise with speedvisions hybrid?.just cant think what else can cause it?even blocked off boost controller just to c if it would go.but nothing.no splits in pipes ect.

steveatyork

Member +
re

try to explain abit better. its the intake noise.but a strange intake noise? if this helps? when i had speedvisions hybrid fitted a cpl of weekes ago. it was fine.got the car setup. did about 750miles. was at traffic light set off in 1st and then it started to make the sam noise.. so sam very kindly sent me a replacment sam noise again?.anyway gone back to my orignal setup with stock ct9.and still same noise?

Spoonz

Member +
its not the turbo oviously then.
Its not a belt or nothing may sound stupid i suppose.
Or maybe something is rubbing somewhere
Or what i thing it really could be is a IC pipe loose

steveatyork

Member +
re

hi spoonz tried all them. had all new belts ect. ic pipe all tight.its actually coming from the intake.coming through the filter.so if i took off the airfilter the noise would come from the turbo.. i even took off the efi pipe..its a strange intke noise when u blip the throttle.abit like a whislte intake noise. BUT NOT NORMAL INTAKE NOISE.

steveatyork

Member +
re

not manifold.as ive put my stock 1 back on and still making that noise. no dump valve.its actually coming from the filter. its prob somthing so small. but cant seem to find it

steveatyork

Member +
re

no dave.cars stood still i can give it the tiniest blip and u can hear from the airfilter.u would think that somthing is not connected up properly? but obviously it is. cause all my car was setup at the time. and it did it then.or maybe somthing popped off.but ive checked everything. starting to piss me off now

Mate think a video of the car making the noise would be handy to help diagnose the problem. My car makes quite a harsh noise from the filter during acceleration (kinda like a loud sucking noise) but thought that was normal. I have a HKS Mushroom filter, whats yours??
Christy

Video is worth a try as it seems to be quite hard to explain. Did it always make this noise with the HKS filter on?? My car dont sound normal either, it makes a very loud sucking noise from filter then have a flutter valve which makes it all sound amazing.
Christy

TurboDave

Member +
no dave.cars stood still i can give it the tiniest blip and u can hear from the airfilter.u would think that somthing is not connected up properly? but obviously it is. cause all my car was setup at the time. and it did it then.or maybe somthing popped off.but ive checked everything. starting to piss me off now

You can get chatter noise by reving the engine even slightly. The noise will come back through the airfilter.

Put your ear by the filter and get somebody to rev the car if a flutter type noise comes from the air filter then that is what the noise is.

You can get chatter noise by reving the engine even slightly. The noise will come back through the airfilter.

Put your ear by the filter and get somebody to rev the car if a flutter type noise comes from the air filter then that is what the noise is.

Aye thats what im on about, just to confirm there is nothng wrong with the filter doing this??
Christy

steveatyork

Member +
re

no u dont even have to rev it hard. u can give it a tiniest blip and it makes this horrible sound. its not a chatter sound.really wish 1 of u lads was here then u would understand