Stupid new forum!!!! GRRRRR

ben_j

Member +
on our laptop we just cant log on the damn thing at all! all cookies cache been cleared etc.

on the pc i can log on but everytime i click a page a connections box comes up which i have to click x on, poss more than once per page too just so i can see it, then it has no icons or pics or anything!! :mad::mad::mad: (-to me that just says mad.. no icon!)

it doesnt do this on any other website at all! any reason why?

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Can you not see the sign that says "OI! No pikey's!!" I think it'll explain why :)

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
put up a pic of the connection box, you shouldn't be getting any type of connection screen as you are connected via a router....

gv1.3

Admin
I think you are a bit confused ben, the forum isnt new. Also since I have given Kelly a lot of information and things to try already perhaps its worth detailing what has been done on your side so others dont waste their time suggesting fixes that have already been attempted.

At this point I would be looking toward your broadband router or ISP as the cause of your issues most likely exists there.

GTdan

In The Closet
ben - ill nip round tonight and have a look.
PS nip to cash machine to get the tenner u owe me bish! lol

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
i have the same problem ike bn, even afterI followed instructions. Do youhave any idea what this could be?! :(

gv1.3

Admin
go here and put www.toyotagtturbo.com into the box but dont login with your user/pass as you will be passing your credentials to a third party which is not good... http://www.hidemyass.com/

if it loads the site then its something to do with:

your PC
your router
your Internet Service Provider

I would start at the beginning and see if another PC or a friends laptop will work from your broadband connection. If it does not then I would check the router - do a factory reset or see if there is some sort of DNS cache that can be deleted from it.

If that doesnt fix the problem I would call your ISP as it appears they are caching something on their side.

ben_j

Member +
I think you are a bit confused ben, the forum isnt new. Also since I have given Kelly a lot of information and things to try already perhaps its worth detailing what has been done on your side so others dont waste their time suggesting fixes that have already been attempted.

At this point I would be looking toward your broadband router or ISP as the cause of your issues most likely exists there.

but how can it be my end? every other web site in the world works fine. even my xbox live. even the old forum did till it changed server.

gv1.3

Admin
for the reasons Ive already stated.

Cached DNS either at your PC's, router or ISP.

If it were something wrong with the site it would not just be effecting some members it would impact all. The reason I can tell you its these things is because I had the issue myself and it is quite common when a domain is pointed at a different IP address. Eventually these issues sort themselves out but in the meantime adding entries to the host file or changing DNS servers will sort the issue.

If these steps are not sorting the issue you need to look at the common factor. If the two computers you are using are having the same problem then it is unlikely to be those two machines and is more likely to be something they have in common i.e. the router or ISP they are going through.

As mentioned already I would be checking the router to see if it caches DNS entries or has some other cached info and I would even go as far as to hard reset it, obviously firstly making note of all settings on it.

If that still did not sort my issue I would raise a support ticket with my ISP.

ben_j

Member +
ok got the laptop working but i have to use the 74.55.13.... etc to use the forum. toyotagtturbo.com will not work still.

but on the pc i still get the connection box on load of every page. i click x and the page continues to load, just not with and icons

gv1.3

Admin
unless you use toyotagtturbo.com some images /icons etc may not work.

you havent said if it works if you go through the site I mentioned in post number 10

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I had a problem connecting through My G/F's PC last night too kept coming up Domain Blocked, She's using one of them Poxy 3G mobile thingies, it worked through a 3rd party site though

guys for all using the IP address it is not going to show the site correctly. The IP address was used as an interim measure while we did the domain name update this has now completed so the IP address is now not going to display correctly.

Mully have you tried all of the steps detailed in this thread - >
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26718

when i click on tht link i get the horrible:

internet explore cannot open the web page