Td04 1.5 bar. What to expect?

After-Glanza

Member +
I carried out a quick search but couldn't find much info about this. Basically I just want to know how much of a difference to expect when I up the boost from 1bar on the td04 to around 1.5bar. Would like some opinions from people who have made this change. The setup I have at the minute has some headwork and cams etc and is making 260 at about a bar so i'm hoping for around 290 when I get it mapped again.

Ted

Member +
I carried out a quick search but couldn't find much info about this. Basically I just want to know how much of a difference to expect when I up the boost from 1bar on the td04 to around 1.5bar. Would like some opinions from people who have made this change. The setup I have at the minute has some headwork and cams etc and is making 260 at about a bar so i'm hoping for around 290 when I get it mapped again.

if thats the engine im thinkin of then 290 no sweat.

clarkytrd

Member +
260 not enough for ya haha??

your doing well with 260 at 1.bar mate..

with a bit of luck in and around 290-300 at 1.5bar

After-Glanza

Member +
Well if ur thinking of chris's or phils gt then yea it's that engine. Not overly concerned about what power just really wanna know will there be dramatic difference on the road? Seems to go like stink anyway, very happy with how it drives. :)

cossiej23

Member +
1.5 bar is fun,make sure and get it up to bishops court,been looking a run against this car,ill only b running 230hp so u shud win ;)

Ted

Member +
Well if ur thinking of chris's or phils gt then yea it's that engine. Not overly concerned about what power just really wanna know will there be dramatic difference on the road? Seems to go like stink anyway, very happy with how it drives. :)

goes really well the way it is. you would probably need a diff in it to tak e advantage of even more power.

After-Glanza

Member +
1.5 bar is fun,make sure and get it up to bishops court,been looking a run against this car,ill only b running 230hp so u shud win ;)

I guess I'll just have to experience it and take it from there lol yea wud be good to get a run against ya but with two quick cars down the strip I could see it being mainly down to the driver and I wud need sum practice lol

After-Glanza

Member +
goes really well the way it is. you would probably need a diff in it to tak e advantage of even more power.

yea I think you could be right. A bit more boost from third gear on would be fine I think. I'm guessing boost can't be controlled via a map. Ie limit the boost in 1st and 2nd. That's probs a job for a good boost controller though.

cossiej23

Member +
I guess I'll just have to experience it and take it from there lol yea wud be good to get a run against ya but with two quick cars down the strip I could see it being mainly down to the driver and I wud need sum practice lol

With boost turn't up u should destroy my car,mines only running 1.1 bar with no cams or anything like that done,simple 230bhp way it sits at moment running super unleaded(mite try some race fuel)its ment to help alot ;) ,has ur car no diff???1.5 bar would be v.sharp and hard to drive without diff

After-Glanza

Member +
With boost turn't up u should destroy my car,mines only running 1.1 bar with no cams or anything like that done,simple 230bhp way it sits at moment running super unleaded(mite try some race fuel)its ment to help alot ;) ,has ur car no diff???1.5 bar would be v.sharp and hard to drive without diff

Yea it probs should but i'll see how it goes once i get her all setup and mapped, would still consider running the way she is at the minute. Nah theres no diff in my car but the way the power delivery is, traction isnt too bad. Theres a kick at 4k and then really gets going about 5k. Must be the cams that are in it shifting the power band a bit as chris says it makes peak power right up at the limiter.

After-Glanza

Member +
Cheers im really looking forward to it now although the car has more than enough power to keep me occupied till then. :drive: Just a bit concerned now that i'll not be able to get the power down in second but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it. Ill be after a diff shortly after no doubt. lol

Phil

Super Moderator
good job, glad the car is still on the site, id maybe look at a diff next and if it was me a spare gearbox.

have you drove the car in the wet yet? the weather has been good recently, in the wet you'll have serious traction problems all of 2nd and the top end of third, but its all good fun! did you get the water meth kit with the car? id be wanting that setup asap and not worry so much about the boost till you get it running :)

on that engine you will be looking very good fuel or the better cheaper option for daily driving, water meth :) even a forged engine will go pop if you dont look after its fuel. and more so one that was built in a slightly more aggressive manner than usual.

Phil

Paul-GlzV

Member +
corofin has an oem lsd box (1.5 trd diff) for sale beefy you'd just need rear mount an shorter driver side shaft? would save on buyin a diff havin it fitted an box rebuilt. hada get a run out in this wit ya heard nothin but praise abut this gt :rockon:. any joy on rims yet?

Rory

Lifer
Never noticed much diffirence from 1.1bar to 1.4bar.

Still think a TD04 is suited to 1.1 bar, 1.3 max. Thats my opinion though ;)

Phil

Super Moderator
well ill get ate for this. But i think at 1.3/1.4 bar with the right tuning/setup you could see 300hp. its not your usual 4e and its not your usual setup.

Phil