The Spulling and prity gud English tread

gv1.3

Admin
I know some people care about this more than others and I am often guilty of poor grammar and disastrous punctuation at times (I do like to use the odd ".....")

Anyway, maybe we can assist each other or merely spill our pet hates regarding poor use of the English language on the forum.

Keep it friendly.

The two things I hate most and will not even respond to anymore are:

TXT SPK - is it really that difficult to write full words? If you cannot be bothered typing the full word why do you expect anyone will be bothered typing a response!

Bought/Brought: I was thinking of making a thread just with these two words and making it a sticky. Bought is to buy something. Brought is to bring something. If you are posting a for sale thread for example and say "I just brought this from a guy last week" that is wrong. You bought it from a guy last week!

As Mark often comments on spelling I am sure there will be at least one other contributor to this thread .... but I wonder if there are any more members out there who would like to share their pet spelling/grammatical mistakes?

wesgt

Lifer
something that really annoys me is fools calling glanzas galanzas, it's written on the side of the car lol oh and calling recaros recardos!!

lingl9z

Member +
Brought/Bought thing.
Txt speak.
Laziness.

One thing I will say though is some people are major dyslexic and when they type it often comes across as text speak as they can't spell etc and then they get slated for it, don't suppose it makes them feel welcome lol.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
As Mark often comments on spelling I am sure there will be at least one other contributor to this thread ....

I've no idea what you're talking about... :haha:

OK, yeah, it gets on my scrote. I hate txt speak, 'gangsta' speak does my head in (if you want to speak like you're in the hood, why not move?), and I can't understand why people don't take the time to check their posts before they press the 'submit' button.

If something's worth saying, say it properly.

So there.

One thing I will say though is some people are major dyslexic and when they type it often comes across as text speak as they can't spell etc and then they get slated for it, don't suppose it makes them feel welcome lol.

Fully agree, but, for example, Firefox has a built in spell checker... Doesn't take long to spot a mistake with a big red mark under it...

gv1.3

Admin
agree with the spell checker. I use chrome and it is simple to use and no effort involved at all in spell checking.

The gangsta spk grates on me a bit. The ironic part is that when I am out in Atlanta and you see proper gangsta looking dudes none of them talk like that or use the words I see being used on here haha.

corofin12345

Member +
that is not really a spelling mistake or bad grammar it is a name the starlet turbo has been given by some for many years.

good 2 know.. would i be mad using this and putting it on my boot where starlet is? starlet is missing anyway..

gv1.3

Admin
I dont think you would starlet turbo = starbo Personally I wouldnt but whatever floats your boat ;) Ive heard it referred to as a starbo since long before I ever owned one.

Dylan, I bet you really checked over your original post to make sure there were no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors!:p

(I did the same ^^lol)

Ones that really and I mean really
annoys my shite are 'wiv' and
'sumat' theres a few more like that
but cant think of them what the
fuck is that about like. Im starting
to see Irish people using them
terms mainly women such
muppets need to watch less of the
brain donar soaps. Grrrr lol

On the dyslexia point, my brother is dyslexic and is often a lot more conscientious about making sure all his spelling is correct than I ever am, even when writing text messages.
I think he's like that because he doesn't want to protray himself as stupid to people who don't know he's dyslexic, equally so it's not something he feels he has to tell people.

xxjack189

Member +
i dont mind slight text speech for example, "i went out 4 a spin in my glanza today", i hate something like, i wen ou fer a spin in me glnza taday, super gay :mad:

corofin12345

Member +
Ones that really and I mean really
annoys my shite are 'wiv' and
'sumat' theres a few more like that
but cant think of them what the
fuck is that about like. Im starting
to see Irish people using them
terms mainly women such
muppets need to watch less of the
brain donar soaps. Grrrr lol

what if the irish on the site spoke irish.... the shit would hit the fan then..lol.... @gv1.3.. prob wont but just a thought :)

Sharkman645

Member +
if you spoke irish then people who dont speak irish would not reply to your posts lol and you maybe waiting a while for answers

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
its not really the fucking annoying txt talk (which i wish i could eliminate altogether) but, what really looks stupid are some member's thread titles.. i mean for fuck's sake ITS GREDDY NOT GREEDY!!! its an error which gets to me so fucking much i cant stand it lol..

apart from that seriously i cant possibly count all the thread titles iv edited, doesnt anybody fucking read before they post?!

rant over.................. :haha:

corofin12345

Member +
if you spoke irish then people who dont speak irish would not reply to your posts lol and you maybe waiting a while for answers

oh so thats why no one replys 2 my posts..haha.. but it is true.. one thing that got me stumped when i joined first was the short phrases such as "fcd,fmic e.t.c e.t.c..... not giving out but for someone joining the site for the first time and are new 2 the turbo concept its a bit over powering and confusing

Last edited: