Theory off a oil catch can is and what its used for.

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
Just some info for some people who dont know what a oil catch can is used for I have done a write up and made a picture on how it works
A Oil Catch Tanks collect the oil, moisture and blow-by gas that causes carbon and sludge build-up in the intake system and engine to keep them clean even under the hardest driving conditions. An oil catch tank is also an excellent engine dress up item that will give your car a racing image.

"Picture off a oil catch can "
can.jpg

catchcan.gif

"Oil in catch can "
can1.jpg

Last edited:

GTnomez

Member +
well one line is hooked on the pcv valve and then the other is in the inlet

basically interupt the rubber pipe going into the inlet mani

Spoonz

Member +
mine is hooked up with the pcv valves like wee jo dose theres a thread which is very intersting

GTWorld

Member +
Also i don't think there is a right way as when i went between the pvc valve and inlet it was causing my car to smoke alot as soon as i put it back it stoped smoking??

Gee

Member +
Huge discussion on the different ways that can be set up on here and AUS Starlet Club.

Do a search, very good information in the thread ;)

sx_turbo

Lifer
the pcv valve is only open when on idle, the vacume of the engine opens the pcv valve, and the turbo pressure closes it.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I have changed how my can is set-up & now collects lots of watery shitty oil. lol. Gives me peace of mind that its clearing all that shit out of me engine :)

Ill post some pics up when i get home.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
I have changed how my can is set-up & now collects lots of watery shitty oil. lol. Gives me peace of mind that its clearing all that shit out of me engine :)

Ill post some pics up when i get home.

waiting for pics :p got mine in the engine bay but no pipes running into it.. its working for me! collects dust!