throttle body vacuum/water pipes

monka

Member +
has any one got a diagram of where exactly all the pipes go on the bottom of the throttle body? cheers

Jay

Admin
The diagrams don't show it very well at all mate.

I always triple-check them against a working GT. Just in case I have a senior moment and fuck it up.

Rory

Lifer
I "should" have a picture on the home computer, ill post it if i do.
if i dont, ill take a few pics of mine, for referance.

thechomper

Member +
coldstartvalve.jpg

red circle is water feed of thermo housing

brown cirlce ,fat vacum goes to vacum rail, which runs under inlet mani,and connects to idle contrl valve

blue circle ,skinny vacum goes to same vacum rail

green cirlce ,another water feed ,runs down under inlet mani ,near the water pump

Last edited:

monka

Member +
cheers guys,

on the skinny vacuum one that goes to under the inlet, for me it goes down to the cheering rack, then back up, does anyone know if they go a certain way round? or if it does matter?

monka

Member +
ok cheers mate, yeah thats what i'm asking for, i've used that picture and got everything, it was just a case of which way they go.

one q though, what are they for? i've never seen vac pipes on p/s before.

monka...i'll be honest and say i realy dont know what purpose the vacume serves on the P/S..........all i know is that our p/s has two small vac hoses running from it...one to TB and the other to mani i beleive........maybe something in the p/s needs to sense vac........who know!!?!?...lol

Si_Glanza

Member +
coldstartvalve.jpg

red circle is water feed of thermo housing

brown cirlce ,fat vacum goes to vacum rail, which runs under inlet mani,and connects to idle contrl valve

blue circle ,skinny vacum goes to same vacum rail

green cirlce ,another water feed ,runs down under inlet mani ,near the water pump

Right Bumping up an OLD post......If Someone Could Check there car maybe so i can see if mines right :D

Brown Circle - On the this is correct it runs to the rail thats connected to the bottom of the inlet.

Blue Circle - This Dosnt go to the rail under the inlet, it goes down past that near the steering where another vacume from this rail in question meets it?? Which Way Round Should they go? mine goes

IN Nearest to Dash
OUT Futhest From Dash

Is this correct?

Last edited: