to cut out my bumper?or to not?

C

CaL

ive been thinkin this now and talkin to chris i.e montanajr.....to cut out the center section of my bumper?or all of it?or leave it for sleeper look?

DSC00639.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

thing is,my number plate,i dunno where to put it lol....its massive

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i would relocate the plate or get a slightly smaller one, and trim the mounting plate slightly to aid airflow. personally, i'm not a fan of great gaping holes in bumpers, hence why i didn't cut mine out.

C

CaL

i would relocate the plate or get a slightly smaller one, and trim the mounting plate slightly to aid airflow. personally, i'm not a fan of great gaping holes in bumpers, hence why i didn't cut mine out.

yeah me neither,im amazed now S1s keep cool because the front panels on them are basically sealed lol...im not a big fan,but got thinkin earlier,tomorow i might take plate off,measure up,and cut down to pefrect size?

Sticks

Member +
I suppose it is everyone to there own but i done it like this and now i have meshed it, i like it.

new4.jpg

as above each to there own, ive cut mine out and i love it. got a doobie splitter to go on now too so im looking forward to seeing how it looks.

heres a pic as it is:

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Dan3SGTE

Member +
same here cut the centre bit out too...

i love the look of an exposed cooler... it intimidates others :)

evn though everyone knows what it looks like heres a pic, more pics the better you can judge an opinion...

CalanderPICS004.jpg

villen25

Member +
same here cut the centre bit out too...

i love the look of an exposed cooler... it intimidates others :)

evn though everyone knows what it looks like heres a pic, more pics the better you can judge an opinion...

CalanderPICS004.jpg

What is the pipe out the side of the bumper for, is it functional or just style?

Ryno

Member +
have you had a quote from your insurance for the FMIC with you as a named driver Cal?

not being funny, just alot of insurance company's get funny with insuring people with FMIC's and the last thing you want is to hack away your bumper to have to take off your FMIC to get insured!

Gee

Member +
Looking good there 3SGTE.

Graham,

Front bumper cut looks mint on your mate. Looking great for a quad ;)

Dane_Bristol

Member +
only part of the car thats an investment, all the rest just goes down the pan :homer:

thanks dane :)

Mk1 bumper does look surprisingly well.... bit more detailed which ive only just noticed....

Yeah i know mate as with everything that we have spent on our GT's it will never be recouped accept yours as it is alot rarer than mine for example :), not everyday you get a 3SGTE lump pop out the bonnet.

TurboDave

Member +
Mine is cut up aswell, I cut the lot of mine out though to get air to my filter.

I do need to turn it around the otherway though.

IMAG0510.jpg

thanks for the nice comments ppl, really appreciated. as mentioned it is a laguna splitter i used but will be modding a doobie splitter shortly (thanks to starlet3SGTE) should look pretty good me hopes :)