toyota corolla g6 conversion 4efte

Status
Not open for further replies.

nav799

Member +
hi done this conversion but the rpm does not work, do i need to follow the rev counter wires to the NE from the distributor

tango

Fresh Recruit
hey, i'd say the problem is the starlet engine has distributor, corolla originally had dis (coil packs) how did the conversion go otherwise? thinking of doing this myself.

Jay

Admin
We need more information Nav, it's not clear what engine you are running or which car you have mate.

nav799

Member +
g6

the car is toyota corolla g6 3 door with 4efe engine.
Had to rewire the hole loom again following the starlet plug and make the distributor wires speprate because the g6 has no distributor and make the ingition coil pack wires too u need the diagrames and open the g6 ecu to see what pin is what too much work takes hours following wire from one loom to the other loom. i had both looms open gt and g6 i used the original g6 loom rewired that.
gearbox its the 6 spped the plte on the engine is touching when starting the starter makes a noise i have to move the plate away from the starter. also u have to get custom made exhaust. theres a plate around the engine which starlet does not have joining to the gearbox realy thick which u dont use it will be hard to line up the gearbox because the drive shaft comes in the way so u can use it after the gearbox is on to the enginge remember the corolla has a cradle under it ur manifold has to custom made so u can mke the exhaust

The plugs 26 and 16 are the same the thing is the NE which is the rpm the corolla has two of them one minus,
U have to put the wires into different places on all of them except the 16 plug leave that the same no boost button and no ac u have to move the wires around if u want to connect them,, took the ac off i did a conversion before too with a starlet kodus red colour on youtube project starlet.
Thats the best i can describe it for u any questions to hesitate to ask thank u for reading

NEED HELP ON THIS AS SOON PLEASE
But the thing is the engine is no good one of the piston cahmbers is not working at all the guy i bought it off said seals are gone, petrol is going in and spark but no bang, is it the head gone or bottom end can some one help on that so i can start taking it apart to put a new head on

nav799

Member +
engine

yeah 4efte ecu

can u help on the last comment about the bottom end or head gone

had to get rid if the red starlet becausr somone tried to break in broke my locks got pissed of to much work on the red starlet put everything on from the donor car seats, all looms, all running gear, back disks and clipers, seat belts, dash, lights every thing its like building a car. too many hours and days and weeks, mate did a civic turbo conversion to.

Last edited:

speedfreaq

Member +
hi done this conversion but the rpm does not work, do i need to follow the rev counter wires to the NE from the distributor

there are five wires coming out of the 4efte igniter:

C = goes to the coil
EXT = RPM signal for tachometer
B = Ign +
I = Igt signal from ecu
F = Igf signal to ecu

so you need to run a wire from the EXT signal on the igniter to your tach.

G6Turbo

Member +
there are five wires coming out of the 4efte igniter:

C = goes to the coil
EXT = RPM signal for tachometer
B = Ign +
I = Igt signal from ecu
F = Igf signal to ecu

so you need to run a wire from the EXT signal on the igniter to your tach.

are u sure this wil work? Isnt the G6 dash cluster programmed too receive a different signal from the coil ignition on the normal FTE?

Status
Not open for further replies.