Toyota garage fail

WallaceGlanza

Member +
My mother had her 04 corolla in a main toyota dealers last week for a standard 70,000 mile service, the day after she came home and said the car wasn't blowing any hot air from the vents and when she looked at the temp gauge it was in the red so she pulled over and let it cool before slowing getting home whilst keeping an eye on it.

I went to take a look this morning thinking maybe the coolant was low or thermostat had gone - what I found was a little more obvious.... (this is exactly how it looked when I opened the bonnet):

CIMG0889_zps5e9a8e0e.jpg

Face and indeed palm.:eek:

mark1991

Member +
Such a silly mistake... but kinda easy done if you busy lol

could be worse at least you still have your rad cap lol

Wallaceglanza go to the dealer and get them told :teach:

Jay

Admin
I've worked in VW dealerships for a long time and over the years I've seen some horror stories.. This is mild lol.

Take it back and raise merry hell. As you already know if it was overheating there could be damage done!

Jay

WallaceGlanza

Member +
It had spat out a fair bit of coolant but it's behaving itself and not smoking so seems ok. But it will be returned on Monday to have the coolant changed and a few stern words!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Well... We're all human but still it wants a free coolant change and good ar*e kissing doesn't it

Yeah it would be expecting to get the coolant changed for free at the least.

Seems the mechanic also dropped his credit card down the seat, that's christmas paid for! :p

Texx

Super Moderator
busy or not you pay for them to do it rite and should be done rite..

Everyone fucks something up once in a while. My apprentice at Honda left the drain bung loose once on an S2000 sump after giving it it's first service, needless to say that bung didn't stay in place for too long, an expensive day that turned out to be I can tell you. On a positive note, he's never left a sump bung loose since.