Toyota Remote central locking on a Glanza

pockrockgtti

Member +
Does anyone know how to program a new fob to work with my car, the battery in the fob is dead, and its non-replacable, im about to order a new fob from toyota and was wondering if anyone knew how to programme a new fob, or will it come preprogrammed?

cheers

steo800

Member +
you can get the fobs open, semi butchering it but its still respectable enough to use.

the battery is welded or something along the line of fused to its earth though, once you figure that one out the battery is replaceable

pockrockgtti

Member +
you can get the fobs open, semi butchering it but its still respectable enough to use.

the battery is welded or something along the line of fused to its earth though, once you figure that one out the battery is replaceable

I butchered it to get it open, and cracked the pcb inside :mad:

bucketep91

Member +
i hate these daft things, i didnt think mines worked, then i was at a rolling road day with uksc talking to a few guys and i was saying " aye and this stupid thing doesent work either" CLICK! and my doors locked lol i looked a right twat lol
it just ddnt work when my turbo timer was running lol
but the battery is dead in mine too i have to stand realy close and it only works sometimes lol so id like to know too

JNZ2355

Fresh Recruit
I work in parts dept for a Toyota dealer and the fobs dont come coded in to you car. Each car has its own individual alarm code that is stored in your ECU and you code a new fob into your alarm system by using your existing fob to access the codes in your ECU. Ill ask the techs in my work shop for the procedure to code a fob in for you and ill post it up either tonight or tomorrow for you!

Jon @ RMB Toyota

steo800

Member +
im not expert on alarms, but i dont think its stored in the ecu. i had a power fc in mine and the central locking still worked.

if you take off the black cover on the rear view mirror, i think thats were the brains are for the central locking. im open to correction on that, but as my battery seemed to be pretty low aswell, i had to aim it up at the rear view mirror to get it working

JNZ2355

Fresh Recruit
Genuine Toyota and Lexus Alarm systems on the older models have the alarm codes stored in the ecu, because if you lose your keys and fobs you have to replace all locks and ecu and supply a new set of keys.

Then the car has to be booked onto a Toyota or Lexus Workshop for the new alarm system to be fitted to the car. Sometimes there is a seperate alarm ecu on the older models but more likely than not its the ecu.

Daft as it seems alot of customers come into my dealership having lost their keys and are shocked to to hear the cost involved in replacing their alarm system, all current model vehicles both Lexus and Toyota now do have a seperate alarm ecu so the cost is reduced.

Jon @ RMB Toyota & Lexus

pockrockgtti

Member +
Genuine Toyota and Lexus Alarm systems on the older models have the alarm codes stored in the ecu, because if you lose your keys and fobs you have to replace all locks and ecu and supply a new set of keys.

Then the car has to be booked onto a Toyota or Lexus Workshop for the new alarm system to be fitted to the car. Sometimes there is a seperate alarm ecu on the older models but more likely than not its the ecu.

Daft as it seems alot of customers come into my dealership having lost their keys and are shocked to to hear the cost involved in replacing their alarm system, all current model vehicles both Lexus and Toyota now do have a seperate alarm ecu so the cost is reduced.

Jon @ RMB Toyota & Lexus

I dont think this applys to japanese import models, japanese imports dont even have a immobiliser chip in the key like Uk models.

Jay

Admin
Yeah, this is old skool Jon. The system isn't an immobiliser - it's just a remote locking feature.

The system consists of a control unit which resides behind the dash on the drivers side, a receiver built into the interior mirror and the remote key fob used to operate it all.

If you look up part number 89742-10010 and ask the lads in the workshop if they can find any info on coding one of those in we might have some luck. I'd bet it's a simple procedure of key presses or something but that's a wild guess.

Jay

Texx

Super Moderator
I'm not 100% sure this procedure will work, but if it does, let me know and I'll move it into the helpful section:

keylessentrycoding.jpg

MarckGlanza

Member +
hi i have been trying to get one from toyota for about 4 months and every remote they order only has 1 button on it and they say they cant code it to the car any ideas how to code that type

steo800

Member +
hi i have been trying to get one from toyota for about 4 months and every remote they order only has 1 button on it and they say they cant code it to the car any ideas how to code that type

the explanation above is how to code it.

ive only ever seen the 1 button type for a glanza

pockrockgtti

Member +
I'm not 100% sure this procedure will work, but if it does, let me know and I'll move it into the helpful section:

keylessentrycoding.jpg

I had a go at it 2day and could not get it to work, i might not be doing it wrong tho. Where did you get this from anyway Texx?

Texx

Super Moderator
It's from an AutoData manual, but for a Corolla as I don't think the UK had any Starlet's with remote locking. It wouldn't really make any sense for the coding procedure to be any different.

The only other procedure I can find is for a system that uses a 2 button remote.

pockrockgtti

Member +
Does anyone have the official toyota epc on their computer? Could somone please run these part numbers throu the part number application feature on the epc to check if the control unit for the doors is used on any UK spec Car

85980-10030
85980-16030

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Does anyone have the official toyota epc on their computer? Could somone please run these part numbers throu the part number application feature on the epc to check if the control unit for the doors is used on any UK spec Car

85980-10030
85980-16030

85980-10030 and 85980-16030 were used in EL51, EL54 and EL55 models as well as the EP#.

Might help,

Jay

pockrockgtti

Member +
Was bored tonight, came across a keyless entry remote for glanza on yahoo auctions japan. I copied the heading of the auction in japanese and pasted it into google and came across a jap site that explains how to programme the fob.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fminkara.carview.co.jp%2Fuserid%2F184038%2Fcar%2F72740%2F138098%2Fnote.aspx&sl=ja&tl=en

Here a translation of the japanese text into english:

①Closing the all door, it puts in a state where the key it is not stuck.
②Inserting the key in the cylinder, after 3 times doing on-off (about each 1 seconds) of the ignition switch within 15 seconds, it pulls out the key.
③After pulling out the key, when you push remote control within 15 seconds, the lock catching automatically, when already one time you push, the key opens.
④Within 15 seconds rear 1 times②-③If it repeats, OK

Could someone please try it out, and please let me know how it goes so i can order a new remote.

Last edited: