Traders

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Just a thought that crossed my mind while browsing through TGTT.

Is there any service/parts that forums members want to see or want from traders that isent currently being offered? Or is pretty much everything available?

I know from reading through all the trading forums, everything seems pretty much there but theres always something that members want that traders dont have.

Its great that we obviously have a good variety of traders on here to compete with prices n what not with each other and bringing out the latest parts.

Iain

Elaine

Lifer
I would like to get hold of Gaskets I think there is defiantly a market for a good quality ones

I know Dave and Toby do the full engine ones but getting individual ones would be good..

sx_turbo

Lifer
problem is no one but toyota does the inlet and mani gaskets for 4efte as they are different to the 4efe

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I noticed the UKSC have a Toyota parts person on there for genuine parts... I was always thinking about starting off stripping broken/damaged starlets but im unsure about that. I think the trading capacity is full, this is why am asking lol

Kelly

Member +
Gaskets would be good but they are cheap enough from toyota anyway. Plus i think the men behind the sales desk at toyota parts would be worried if they didnt see us every so often. Last week he was amazed we picked up our 3rd set of headbolts off him :p

And going off past experience of own branded gaskets i will stick to the genuine article only now.

Kelly

Member +
I noticed the UKSC have a Toyota parts person on there for genuine parts... I was always thinking about starting off stripping broken/damaged starlets but im unsure about that. I think the trading capacity is full, this is why am asking lol

Aye we sure do have a good choice of traders on here :) Its good though as it brings prices down if ppl are competing :) makes u wonder what else is left to offer, and then they go and suprise you with something new :D

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Gaskets would be good but they are cheap enough from toyota anyway. Plus i think the men behind the sales desk at toyota parts would be worried if they didnt see us every so often. Last week he was amazed we picked up our 3rd set of headbolts off him :p

And going off past experience of own branded gaskets i will stick to the genuine article only now.

I have to agree with that fully. Nice avator lol

Elaine

Lifer
Beatz to be fair I think Jay has this area really well covered from a trading point of view and with the ever increasing amount of members stripping broken/damaged starlets I think you would find it hard to make good money out of it…

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Beatz to be fair I think Jay has this area really well covered from a trading point of view and with the ever increasing amount of members stripping broken/damaged starlets I think you would find it hard to make good money out of it…

Yip he sure does. Hes the main contact for breaking starlets and occassionly a trader does one also.

Im not looking to start any sort of trading, was just wondering what everyone was looking for or wanting or that they see that traders dont currently have.

Plus ill just add that i have no hope of coming close to anything near of what Jay does for this site, he surely is a credit.

These were all just idea's hence why im not followed any through as i can answer most myself, just not what other members wants from traders or different services.

Iain

Last edited:

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
Anything you can't see on Tobys site, it's worth dropping him a PM because he has soo much stuff that just isn't listed yet.

worth a try!

Dane_Bristol

Member +
It’s certainly going to be a tough one trying to find something that is not already offered by one of the traders and yet still have the demand element to carry on with it.

You have to think that whilst it may be a new introduction of what ever it is you might come up with how long will it last?

It will be pretty hard to find something that is not already being offered or that cannot get sourced.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
It’s certainly going to be a tough one trying to find something that is not already offered by one of the traders and yet still have the demand element to carry on with it.

You have to think that whilst it may be a new introduction of what ever it is you might come up with how long will it last?

It will be pretty hard to find something that is not already being offered or that cannot get sourced.

Yup i was thinking along the same lines Dane. I couldnt think of anything that the traders couldnt get or couldnt source but wasent sure if it was just me not thinking straight lol

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeah its hard for traders you need really good deals now or a super reputation.

my personal view,

but i think dane should have sold much more hdi boost control kits and intercoolers than i have seen sold especially at the giveaway prices they are priced at and the qaulity of the items, also the same can be said for his greddy oil filter relocation kits, maybe it's just me but either people just dont want these products or maybe just toby and dave burwash name brand is just to great for other traders.

you just need to look at past traders that have come and gone and the ones that are still here now.

obviously i dont quite now how well dane has done, i'm just expressing my view from the feedback of the products that he has sold, and how difficult i have seen 1 or 2 of his group buys to get off the ground

Last edited:

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Cheers Ricky,

The only Group buy I have done is the Relocation kit group buy and this was only due to people asking for it.

They have all been sold now so all is well.

All the manifolds have sold and all the decats.

The current list for the manifolds is growing every day almost. I take great pride it trying to respond to PM’s as soon as I can as well as handling any problems what may arise as a result of something that I have sold.

I was once a normal member too with just an idea and all has worked well from there.

I suppose the key point it making it work is finding the correct supplier that is both competent to do the job for you and who is able to offer you prices that you can rival with other traders.

The HDi Products are really top quality and people have now come to realise this sold over 19 FMIC kits so far.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Spot on Ricky, they prices that you were selling kits/products for was very good value for money.

Your a class example of someone with an idea who had them developed the idea into a concept then onto production, i take my hat off to you bud.

Iain