Trailer Rent

Big_Daddy

Member +
Need some suggestion on where to rent a trailer for a day. Need to get my starlet to toytunning for examination of the knocking as i dont want to drive it. Just stick it on a trailer. recover cost will be a arm and a leg.

Any suggestion ppl?

Regards

Google and Id say around Birmingham there are prob loads of places... You have the internet at your fingers buddy, a little forum like this sometimes isnt the best place to ask when you have all them search engines outhere ready to do the work for you..

Big_Daddy

Member +
I use this place when i need to move my cars around.

Tow It Rite

192 Bridge St West
Birmingham, B19 2YT

0121 359 6343‎
0121 359 6387‎

Any idea how much they charge per day? does it come with all the straps to secure it (dnt want it missing :drive: )

Cheers (Rep to all)

Streetech

Member +
Any idea how much they charge per day? does it come with all the straps to secure it (dnt want it missing :drive: )

Cheers (Rep to all)

I paid about £70 the last time but that was with all the straps and insurance.
They use a really nice Brian James, twin axle tilt trailer.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
You can tow with a normal licence but nothing as heavy as a car. I've heard conflicting things such as nothing more than 25% the weight of the towing vehicle, and that your allowed up to 750kg's total towed weight (trailer and load). Even with the towing licence you won't be allowed to exceed a total weight, both car and loaded trailer, of 3500kgs.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
And there we have some more conflicting advice lol.

My advice would be to to get in touch with the company you are wanting to hire from, they should surley know the score 100%.

GTti

Member +
only if your towing more than 1ton :D

Wrong!

You need a B+E license. You have to take a test to get this unless you passed your test prior to 1997.

If you have a SMALL car trailer, such as a Brian James clubman or mino max these have a MAM (maximum authorised mass) of 1500KG and 1300KG.

To tow without a B+E license, the MAM of the trailer must not exceed the unladen weight of the towing car.

So in our case you need a towing car that also weighs 1500 or 1300 respectivley (Unladen weight).

Both together must NOT exceed 3500KG MAM. (The MAM of the car is another figure! Not to be confused with unladen weight)

It's recommended that your trailer MAM does not exceed 85% of the cars unladen weight also. But that's just a recommendation.

Basicaly they make it extremely difficult to get the combination right in order to tow without the E lisence.

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
Wrong!

You need a B+E license. You have to take a test to get this unless you passed your test prior to 1997.

If you have a SMALL car trailer, such as a Brian James clubman or mino max these have a MAM (maximum authorised mass) of 1500KG and 1300KG.

To tow without a B+E license, the MAM of the trailer must not exceed the unladen weight of the towing car.

So in our case you need a towing car that also weighs 1500 or 1300 respectivley (Unladen weight).

Both together must NOT exceed 3500KG MAM.

It's recommended that your trailer MAM does not exceed 85% of the cars unladen weight also. But that's just a recommendation.

Basicaly they make it extremely difficult to get the combination right in order to tow without the E lisence.

what he said lol