Upgrading???

scot-ish

Member +
im kinna bored of the starlet, i dont know what it is, just doesnt have the appeal i thought it would have to me, and then reading some reason why people are breaking their hi specced cars, i dont know if i can justify throwing money at it next year to get 300bhp, and then be let down by not gettin what i expected from it.

so i was thinking about upgrading, been looking at pulsars, and gt4's??

anyone recomend or say dont touch them??

also looked and might end up gettin a silvia instead, im looking for over 300bhp to be honest, and dont really have a budget as such, but aint payin 7 ot 8k for shite car.

any ideas people??

scot-ish

Member +
GT4's and GTIRs are shit cars imo.

why tho? i know the gt4 suffers from suspension problems? whats up with the GTiR, been told the geabox is a bit chocolate? but its people who dont own the cars, tellin me that.

i would go subaru, but i think too many people have them now, and might be a struggle to get a good one, unless i go P1, or a limited one that should be more looked after

Im telling you from experience with both dude. The sunnys genuinely IMO are rubbish cars anyone I know who had one spent more time off the road then on having to drop engines to change clutches , firing alot off money at them just to get on the running never mind modding gearboxes and blocks seem to be soft. The gt4's from what I've seen dont seem to be anything great for what they are either and as said the suspension issues to fix over here cost a fortune. This is all just my opinion and what I've experienced with both I'm sure there will be other to say different.

how many gtirs do you know lik if something goes wrong with one that you buy your kinda fucked for parts only turn is oem nissan and its pricey!!!

Derek

Lifer
Just if you do go down the road of a gt4 super strut suspension is very very expensive to replace or repair if it go's wrong.

scot-ish

Member +
Just if you do go down the road of a gt4 super strut suspension is very very expensive to replace or repair if it go's wrong.

yeh, kinda why ive not decided on them, only really seen one that i like, and it was julians, bought a starlet cos of him, and dont wanna make the same mistake again lol..

are Evo's reliable?? 4,5,6 kinda era

jimmy77

Member +
pulsar worst car ive ever ownd. always hand in the back pokcet. cost a bomb for parts an so unreliable it ws crazy. mine was touching 400bhp evan wen it was nearly standard was a pain in the ass. the gear bix cant stand more then 300bhp. gd luck i say 2 any 1 buying a pulsar

wesgt

Lifer
yeh, kinda why ive not decided on them, only really seen one that i like, and it was julians, bought a starlet cos of him, and dont wanna make the same mistake again lol..

are Evo's reliable?? 4,5,6 kinda era

5 up is ok! 4's tend to blow. go for a nice 180 or supra maybe? lovely one's for sale here!
180 on donedeal
Full-1.jpg

here's the ad
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/934709

and the supra on gumtree
281855903.jpg

and the ad
http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/03/46494203.html

that supra is amazing, if i get money together before its sold i'd nearly have it

dac69er

Super Moderator
one of my mates has a £1000 sack of crap GTIR and he has had no problems with it apart from the gearbox going which was due to abuse.

one of my mates used to have a GT4 and he never had a problem with it apart from the standard clutch going after a few launches at 300bhp at santapod.

another mate has a GT4 and he has also had no problems apart from the clutch. he has had his for about 3 years now and its 320-330bhp or something on a stock turbo and engine at 1.1 bar.

they arent an amazing set your world on fire kinda car but they are comfortable and are reasonably quick and handle fairly well. they are just a bit heavy.

people always comment on the super strut suspension costing a bomb to replace parts of it, but what sort of money are we really talking?

wesgt

Lifer
i heard something about €500 a corner, could be wrong. a friend had an ss3 celica with superstrut sus and i think he priced it from toyota

one of my mates has a £1000 sack of crap GTIR and he has had no problems with it apart from the gearbox going which was due to abuse.

one of my mates used to have a GT4 and he never had a problem with it apart from the standard clutch going after a few launches at 300bhp at santapod.

another mate has a GT4 and he has also had no problems apart from the clutch. he has had his for about 3 years now and its 320-330bhp or something on a stock turbo and engine at 1.1 bar.

they arent an amazing set your world on fire kinda car but they are comfortable and are reasonably quick and handle fairly well. they are just a bit heavy.

people always comment on the super strut suspension costing a bomb to replace parts of it, but what sort of money are we really talking?

Come to toyota Ireland and find out.

wee-jo

Member +
What about an rx7? Within your budget and has the benefit of the cheap tax bracket!, Scooby's are pretty common but reasonably priced, if you can afford it get an evo 6 tommi mak!!

dac69er

Super Moderator
i heard something about €500 a corner, could be wrong. a friend had an ss3 celica with superstrut sus and i think he priced it from toyota

only the fronts are super strut though. if that is £500 for the complete super strut setup per corner then thats not that bad really!

dac69er

Super Moderator
just had a quick look and someone got the parts they needed to replace for both sides for £650.

you can get bc coilovers for that price, or pay £1800 for some teins ;)

Johnny_C

Lifer
its also the arms in the celicas that give bother,400-500 each,as you cant buy the bushes seperate.

Last edited:

wesgt

Lifer
just had a quick look and someone got the parts they needed to replace for both sides for £650.

you can get bc coilovers for that price, or pay £1800 for some teins ;)

i'd get teins but i wouldn't pay that lol anything can be got for the right price