varis bonnet vs FMIC

tucka

Member +
well got some money saved and also money from xmas to buy a FMIC, only problem is with my bonnet when i take the TMIC off there is gonna be a big hole left, now my quistion is does anyone know of anyone with a varis bonnet and has a FMIC?? and is there anything out there i can block it up with like on the standard bonnets.....?

P1010266.jpg

Monkfish

Member +
If I read that right, you want to block up the centre scoop because you're removing the TMIC.

Why?

ep_chen

Member +
blocking those two by the side or do you want to block the stock air scoop mate? could always use the reverse scoop for the centre bu those two by the side is efficient for heat escape.

tucka

Member +
hummm, it rains alot so i dont wanna cause any problems with water,snow and all the other shitty uk weather gettin in the engine bay...

asifatyard21

Member +
i have had my fmic on my car for a while now not got varis bonnet but havent got reverse scoop on my standard bonnet and no problems so far if that helps.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Varis bonnets have specially desinged covers for this that should be supplied with the bonnet, either way you can use a FMIC regardless ;)

T

rb69

Member +
I would have thought it would be okay. You'll get more cold air in without it blocked so that can't be a bad thing!

tucka

Member +
Varis bonnets have specially desinged covers for this that should be supplied with the bonnet, either way you can use a FMIC regardless ;)

T

yeah it comes with winter protection but thats for the 2 side vents.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
You're not being a fag, my cars ran on three cylinders and misfired a good few times from getting water into the spark plugs through the scoop, its pretty obvious its not good to have a big hole in your bonnet right above them. :homer:

Duct tape doesnt look that stylish though.:(

Chachito

Member +
Look mate I'ldn't block the center scoop it will look really awfull what you can use that for is a tube or something like that that can provide fresh air to your airfilter instead of replacing the airfilter to the front with chances of sucking water when it rains.

If you don't want to do that don't seal the center scoop just let open it won't harm anything

Cheers:rockon:

Chachito

Member +
You're not being a fag, my cars ran on three cylinders and misfired a good few times from getting water into the spark plugs through the scoop, its pretty obvious its not good to have a big hole in your bonnet right above them. :homer:

I geuss that happened because of the square seals fo the ignition wires were worn out and they let water in. Had the same problem.

And the way to fix it is by buyin a new set .

And even if the TMIC was there the water will sip into it to the wires anyway so it doesn't make any difference to my opinion.

Cheer mate :gt-smilie:

Last edited:

tucka

Member +

yeah thats what i was thinkin, and i defo dont wanna go the duct tape route lol

cheers for the info

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I geuss that happened because of the square seals fo the ignition wires were worn out and they let water in. Had the same problem.

And the way to fix it is by buyin a new set .

And even if the TMIC was there the water will sip into it to the wires anyway so it doesn't make any difference to my opinion.

Cheer mate :gt-smilie:

Well my car only started missing and running rough when it was raining after I got the fmic, its not a good idea having a hole letting water onto the engine that easily.

Sticks

Member +
I am going to be blocking mine off as it is always raining around here and it always makes the pipes and engine look dirty and i can't be bothered to keep cleaning it :)

But it is everyone to there self ;)

tucka

Member +
yeah this is why im askin so i can see the pros and cons, like any problems ppl have experenced ect ect.. cheers for everyones comments its mucho appreciated!! :)