Veiwing other people Rep comments

Ryno

Member +
thought that mods could see them already :confused:

tbh it would be useful if people could see why, otherwise it could be abused :kiss:

gv1.3

Admin
The reputation system is monitored by Jay and I to make sure it is not being abused.

I am not sure why people would want to see others rep comments apart from just being nosey :)

If you have any suspicion of the system being abused please PM Jay or I directly.

PS: we did discover someone that had signed up with a different account and had repped himself but that was dealt with.

Ryno

Member +
haha really? who? name & shame! :D

i think it'd just be handy to know what people have got rep for?! e.g. tech advice? selling? buying? posting a pic of tamara witmer (see Google for more info)?

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Well it is pointless signing up as a different username and giving rep to yourself as Newbies can only give 1 rep point at a time unlike the few big hitters like Hybrid who can give 10+ at a time.

goldenvtr

Member +
The reputation system is monitored by Jay and I to make sure it is not being abused.

I am not sure why people would want to see others rep comments apart from just being nosey :)

If you have any suspicion of the system being abused please PM Jay or I directly.

PS: we did discover someone that had signed up with a different account and had repped himself but that was dealt with.

jsut wondering as someone could be very knowlegeable and have received rep from that but still be a complete lazy arse at selling stuff. might be an idea to see there rep comments for this purpose

Big_Daddy

Member +
There are some ppl who levae rep, but 4get to add a comment. should allow a rule allowing enter something

gv1.3

Admin
jsut wondering as someone could be very knowlegeable and have received rep from that but still be a complete lazy arse at selling stuff. might be an idea to see there rep comments for this purpose

you could always search for threads started by them in the for sale section and PM the buyer asking how the transaction went also members who sell stuff usually have a feedback thread in the sales feedback section.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
ive said it once and ive said it again

this rep system DOES NOT work for what its suppose to do, its just a bragging competition tbh, everytime someone gives help they ask at the end "please rep" even when most of the time its the wrong answer lol.

i think rep should only be allowed to be "accepted" by the mods if thats possible, like when rep is given it goes to a mod to accept if its a valid reason or correct answer, thus really letting the system work

gv1.3

Admin
the amount of rep being given every day is huge... its not an option for us to approve every single rep point given. If everyone thinks its not working we can remove it... the only reason it was added is because people wanted it.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
some people use it properly, but then others just do exactly that, rep somebody for telling about a fit bird, now i am very thankful for that, but that isnt wat the rep system is for.

Streetech

Member +
you could always search for threads started by them in the for sale section and PM the buyer asking how the transaction went also members who sell stuff usually have a feedback thread in the sales feedback section.

So instead of clicking a button to see the rep comments we have to search for their sales threads, u2u the buyer (if the thread shows who the buyer was), or search the feedback threads for the user.

So whats the point in having the rep system when we have such a good search button?

gv1.3

Admin
So instead of clicking a button to see the rep comments we have to search for their sales threads, u2u the buyer (if the thread shows who the buyer was), or search the feedback threads for the user.

So whats the point in having the rep system when we have such a good search button?

Im not saying you have to do anything mate. Im saying if I was going to purchase something from someone and I wasnt sure about them that is what I would do, you are free to do whatever you want.

The rep system IS NOT a sales reputation system it is a general reputation system that was introduced to give a general feel for a person on the site rather than looking at post counts.

As I said above if people dont want the rep system anymore it can be removed. I am not sure what some people want to look at rep comments like "thanks for help with that problem" or "thanks for getting that phone number for me" - thats not going to help you decide if a person is reliable to buy from is it?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Well it is pointless signing up as a different username and giving rep to yourself as Newbies can only give 1 rep point at a time unlike the few big hitters like Hybrid who can give 10+ at a time.

:eek: hehe... well lets just say i leave or take off 21rep points at a go... :rolleyes:

man thats such a reponsability lol.. wheres my :beer::beer::beer::beer:

dan, u may want to watch more eastenders, if lifes getting to boring lol :p

kon

Dane_Bristol

Member +
I wouldnt want Jay or Terry to hit me for a negative Rep lol i would have nothing left with the amount of rep points they have :)

GTti

Member +
I think mines 5 due to having a join date that doesn't exist yet :p

Nevermind it was changed, although should be August!