vw v6 4 motion & civic type r

Rumel786

Member +
well time has come to own another stock car just for normal town driving as my brother wants to buy another car. We previously owned a vw golf v6 4 motion for over a year and never had one problem at all. We have been looking at some but also my brother is quite interested in a civic type r. Anyone with expreience of owning a type r here who can comment on stock handling wise and comfort of driving and maintenance costs compared to a 4 motion?

Thanks

Phil

Super Moderator
mate has an ep3 type R, hasnt cost him a penny really, would make a good daily driver.

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
lol @bob :)

not really, but yes id still take my car over one, cheaper faster etc etc.

but gts dont suit everybody, i accept that :)

for someone who is considering a stock vw 4motion or civic type R, then yeah they'd make a nice daily driver.

Phil

Rumel786

Member +
tbh i dont see why alot of ep guys hate people in hondas.we always compare sayin a starbo runnin 1 bar would eat a stock honda BUT we dont compare a modified honda vs a modified ep.iv seen many hondas do sum crazy times in qm runs, whats the best known qm run of a ep here in the uk? 12 seconds. There are many hondas here in the uk in the tens.

Anyway phil what miles per gallon is ur mate getting?

Rumel786

Member +
i know it is ricky but i dont want this thread to turn messy like some other ones iv seen.

I just want some info on the type r from members on here as i trust peoples experiences on this forum.

Phil

Super Moderator
tbh i dont see why alot of ep guys hate people in hondas.we always compare sayin a starbo runnin 1 bar would eat a stock honda BUT we dont compare a modified honda vs a modified ep.iv seen many hondas do sum crazy times in qm runs, whats the best known qm run of a ep here in the uk? 12 seconds. There are many hondas here in the uk in the tens.

Anyway phil what miles per gallon is ur mate getting?

mpg : no idea sorry

you asking this to turn into a honda vs toyota thread...? cause it sure sounds that way rummie. lol didnt think you'd do that to your own thread!

we know all the pro's and con's.

modified vs modified has been compared, finianancially a starlet with 2500 spent on it will outstripe a civic with 2500 spent on it.

the further you push that the more you get to the point where there is next to nothing left to do to the starlet bar swapping engines and the further ahead the civic power goes.

as for the dragging you right, BUT first time i see a starlet with a 2.4 engine that has been setup for drag racing and has 600-800hp ill compare it to the relative drag civic.

drag starlets are rarely built, probably exactly relative to the numbers of the two cars in circulation.

Phil

y3Lo

Member +
which type r you looking at? ek9 or ep3? i bought an ek9 recently and love it, handling is miles better than the starlet was. what about dans ek9 on here, with b18 in? going cheap.

Rumel786

Member +
nope phil i dnt hence why the thread title is vw golf v6 4 motion and civic type r lol.

Dont get me wrong, iv never hated on civics or saxo's etc as i own a saxo myself but iv seen threads go from one way to another and to be honest phil when i joined the site at first it wasnt as bad as it gets now hence why im saying i dont want another car slagging thread just some info about the car.

Anyway does anyone know the mpg on the type r?

Phil

Super Moderator
thats grand :)

well mpg, im sure you could find that online, and the 4motions for that matter. someone on here is bound to know.

Phil

Rumel786

Member +
which type r you looking at? ek9 or ep3? i bought an ek9 recently and love it, handling is miles better than the starlet was. what about dans ek9 on here, with b18 in? going cheap.

more then likely an ek9 mate. My brother doesnt really like modified cars. Even an exhaust and he doesnt like driving the car and i never really understood why!

Or if it was me who was buying it i definately would of had a look at dans as it is going very cheap!

ryandavis

Banned
iv ripped the arse out of a v6 mk4 and it super 4wheel drive is animal and they real pull 225bhp stock, BUT serious money on juice & tax (in ireland any) sumting like 1200euro tax a year, the type r are defo as gud, with less stock power & lack of 4wheel drive, if money was no object id take the v6!!

Rumel786

Member +
woah how come in irealnd you have to pay that much tax on a car?

The v6 was very fun to drive and handling wise it never missed a beat ;)

ryandavis

Banned
bcoz of the engines size & scum government were like the on country in europe that has to pay huge vrt..! bt yeh had sum gr8 fun in it, its my m8s mums boyfriends car and we used to whip it on him wen he was @ wrk lol,, i personly really like honda's 2 and the vtec is amazing! iv post up pics of my friends vtec b4 and they cars are sick, bt ur just looking at stock and a stock v6 well how cud you say no,

y3Lo

Member +
my ek9 gets about 300miles to a tank on motorway / easy driving, when you start driving hard it does start to guzzle.

btw what budget? guy over on ek9.org brings in some of the best stock ek9s.

Rumel786

Member +
how much is a full tank bud? And budget wise is open tbh.my brother tends to look for fsh etc stuff like that lol.

y3Lo

Member +
well buying an import even if you do get a service history, it aint gona mean much to you :p. costs me about £35 to fill i think