vxr

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
i went for a spin in an astras vxr the other week it was on the cover of total vauxhall either last month or month before 300 odd bhp cant remember exactly. went alot better than my mates standard one an it did sound very nice lots of pops and bangs. but it just didnt pull like my starlet does.

GT_Neil

Member +
Love the look of the corsa and the astra vxr's

Never had the pleasure of having a go at one yet though.

Fro

Member +
I quite like the look of the astra and the corsa. The astra felt quite quik, never driven one tho. Had a shot of a corsa and wasnt impressed at all, just didnt feel like it pulled? Wudnt mind puttin the gt against one

VXR230BHP

Member +
I know some lads have raced there VXR against glanza's and left them...tuned ones as well...BUT we are aware that when the GT and Glanza's once tuned are MONSTERS....but you have the weight ratio factor on you're side.

Regal are planning to produce a 300BHP corsa VXR buy putting the astra VXR turbo on it.....then remap it to 400 BHP.......this being stage 4......i know one lad who is waiting to get this done.....

Last edited:

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
My mate bought his astra vxr because he wanted a car faster than mine. he was a bit gutted when he realised he hadnt.

Fro

Member +
My mate bought his astra vxr because he wanted a car faster than mine. he was a bit gutted when he realised he hadnt.

FPMSL :rockon:

What was the corsa vxr they brought out with the different wheels, suspension, exhaust and remapped to circa 220bhb? that looked quite cool!

VXR230BHP

Member +
corsa VXR ARTIC....the astra burg as well.....the astra burg is running at about 260 BHP...I know some blokes who have had more from it once dynod. And thats standard.

Fro

Member +
Aye thats it. The vxrs sound ace with a decent exhaust. Aaron off here has a nurburg astra aswell

KrissyB

Member +
They do look stunning have to admit that saw one drive past me earlier this evening, cant warrant all that money on one though. :(

Cool cars but they kinda pull like an n/a and I dont like the way the front side window splits in two love the arse of them though Opel have really come a long way with their new range of cars. The Nurburgring Astras are mint.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Pretty quick car's the VXR range but from what i hear the Cora VXR engine is weak, heard of a tuning company for them throwing a rod while testing there remap's at around 230bhp, could be wrong but thats what i've heard.

~Nick

VXR230BHP

Member +
no way mate??? There was a few that did play up when they were remapped. One lad had a go with the Honda Civic type R 2004 or 2005 reg...the couldn't get away from the VXR and they were both standard....The corsa would put a good fight against the ST...both standard but the ST's top is very good.

gv1.3

Admin
anybody had a go with a VXR?

welcome to the site. As you may have noticed our members wont post about "having a go" as we dont promote street racing on here. Number one way to get a thread sent to the muppet section is to begin a discussion on street racing. Ill assume you are talking about on a quarter mile track :)

Again welcome to the site and enjoy your stay

D