Weight Loss....

GTdan

In The Closet
right ive decided that im going to seriously try and lose some weight and get myself a bit fitter.

Im 24, 6'3" and weigh a shock 24 stone - i know what your thinking - i can just about find my willy :p

Seriously though, i want to try and get down to about 18 stone.

Ive done one of those fad diets before where you basically dont eat at all, and have a milkshake - well no milk just powder and water and have those 3 times a day and thats all you have - that worked great got down to around 19 stone 2 years ago, however when you start eating it goes back on again.

So i want to try something proper, went to my doctor this week to see if he could help - he was useless and couldnt really give a dogs.

My downfall is drinks - fizzy drinks and chocolate - bad stuff for ya.

Im going to try and cut out fizzy drinks (dont do the diet stuff) for cordial/squash, and try and cut out the chocolate for some fruit.

As for exercise, apart from trying to squeeze my fat ass in and out the car, i dont do any, anymore, used to play rugby (wasnt a winger/flanker!) but retired due to a shouldar injury, and been playing golf since i was 11, but i gave up this winter just gone as my golf fees went up from 350 a year to a grand - so i quit.

Keep threatening to join a gym, but i feel...hmm embaressed i think is the word when i go - dont know why, so the only other exercise is working on my car, which of course doesnt really do anything.

So im hoping that you guys will give me some pointers and advice (hopefully some real life stories) to inspire me.

Plus im hoping when i loose weight, my car will be quicker, as im sure my weight is the equivilent of having a normal driver and passenger in the car!! LOL

As you can see i joke about my weight alot - ive always been large - well XXXL (lol) so i think another reason why i find its hard is because it doesnt really bother me as i feel comfy with myself.

EP91_Girl

Member +
Hay Dan,

OK the best thing for you to do is this (take it from me im great at keeping slim) im about 112lb (that's 8 stone) and im 5ft 6 hehe

OK here is my advice.

Cut out the bad things you eat and drink with healthy replacements.
1 x bar of chocolate = 1 x banana (you catch my drift)
1 x can of fizzy pop = 1 x bottle of water (you can add sugar free juice to it or but flavored water) if plain water is to boring for you.
Try not to drink any thing fizzy, not even carbonated water (its not good for you and the gasses bloat you out)
Ok with food, i suggest you eat at least 4 times a day to build up your metabolism (to help you process your food quicker)
you should be eating 4 times a day, each meal consisting on 1 x portion of protean and or carbohydrates (ie pasta,rice etc)
don't for get all things natural are best so lots of fruit, salad, fresh veggies are a must!

combine your healthy eating with at least 30mins of exercise a day and you should see a big improvement
if you dont like going to the gym, try going for a power walk for 45 mins to a hour that will kill off lots of calories and fat that is stored up!
Or if that dont take your fancy, try a workout dvd, and make sure you do it every other day, religiously, once it's in your weekly routine not doing it wont be normal lol

Good luck hun.... keep me posted i dont minde being your personal trainer

Oh and if you need health recipes have millions of tasty treats for you!

Nikky xx

glanzanut

Lifer
bud its almost zero about diet and all about excercise. you need to train full stop. once your metabolism speeds up you should be ok eating a few naughty things. but if you can you should sort out your diet anyway as you will feel better inside all together. buy a food blender and make smoothies out of fresh fruit instead of fizzy drinks. buy a gd indian cook book and learn to make proper curries as these speed up your metabolism as well. also if you get a passion for cooking and enjoy making proper culure food like me then it will aid you in eating healthy. as for fitness, if like me you dont like running. buy a punch bag or a rowing machine as these are great forms of exercise. and can be used in the privacy of your own home with an i pod on or whatever. it will seem hard at the start but once you get into it and start losing proper weight and feeling better it will be a breeze. trust me :freddy:

Guye

Lifer
I am 6' 2" and I was once 268lbs and gaining. Just as Nicky said replacing your current meals with more sensible alternatives makes the most differemce. After about two months of normal activity but Lower calorie/cholesterol breakfast, garden salads with some protein (baked chicken mostly) and small portions of carbs for lunch, a snack around 3:30pm which led to a smaller dinner before 7:30pm (I stopped eating anythng after this time, which was hard to do) I noticed much less body fat and loose clothing. I then started a total body workout 30 mins a day three days a week where insted of focusing on chest or legs, I did a continuous routine switching from one area to another with 15 second recovery breaks 12 reps per set. The intensity of the reps increased propotionately as I got stronger, you don't want to injure yourself. Once my body was conditioned to the point that the soreness was hardly noticeble on the recovery day, I then included core strengthening 2 days a week 30mins a day. So it's now an alternating 30 min routine Mon-Fri. After 4 months I am now 230lbs with a sixpack to boot :D Your health is your best investment, I wish you sucess and if you need support feel free to drop me a line.

EP91_Girl

Member +
After 4 months I am now 230lbs with a sixpack to boot :D Your health is your best investment, I wish you sucess and if you need support feel free to drop me a line.

Check you out well done hun on getting fit and healthy :)
and its very true your health is important, once you feel good in your self, it shows to every one else..:)

Good luck hun im here if ya need me
xx

simonleeds

Member +
ok everyone laughs at lipotrim and says its not good for you etc but sorry bein 24 stone isnt either i too have had weight problems but not to that extream i used lipotrim and it sorted me out also when you aint eaten for a while its easy to train you taste buds to like food thats good for you and find crap not so nice also t makes you think before you eat as its alot of work to stick to it.
Great results can be seen from this it tastes like shit but is a medical diet supplied by doc's and pharmacys gives you all you needed nutriants etc but only quarter of you intake for calories.
Water is a major role in weight loss drink as much as you can 4-5 pints a day +
Sleep is good as well so try and get a routeen and stick to it
And yes of course exercise is too but the problem with when your heavy is you need to get your weight down first as it hurts and it really isnt good for your joints etc
anyway its a rapid weight loss program and sreads weight fast theres a proper program to do when yo start to refeed and if you stick to it you wont pile it back on
any way check outwww.lipotrim.com and make up your own mind its got a massive following

i know alot of you are going to slate it but its worked for me and a friend who was 20+stone and now is 14 stone and he's 48

cameroon95

Member +
Iv turned into a bit of a healthy freak and chocolate really is the most fattening food.

Pay attention to fat content on stuff, thats the best way to stay healthy and lose weight. People assume subway is healthy because its a sandwich and you take lettuce with it

Phil

Super Moderator
if your a big eater, i'd guess you are.

then maybe my routine could help :) i eat constantly :)

just make sure your constant snaking is fruit nut or veg and your flying.

and also dont ignore the excerise aerobic is what you need, toning and weights can come WAY down the line, get out there and start sweating, play a sport or walk briskly regularly.

start walking at first to lose some of the weight along with your healthy eating, worst thing you can do is go out and finish your knees off with jogging whilst carrying alot of excess.

so eat really healthy and walk alot(first 2/3months)
continue with your good eating habits and pick up a jog one night and a walk the next(3/4months)
if by this stage you've found a sport that suits or interests follow that, if not your probably ready to join a gym :)

hope that helps boss!

Phil

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Firstly, respect for posting that you slut. Takes alot to post all that information on a public forum but no better place than here :).

Some of the main things to try and cut out is obviously fizzy drinks, try and eventually exchange that to water only. That makes a big difference to yourself, makes you feel much better about yourself aswell.

Food, what i do is actually cut down to veg only to control/lose weight and fruit. Tesco mate is the best option, tomatoes, lettuce, cuecumber (for poking yourself), mini corn in the cobs then i normally put some sort of topping on it with salad cream (light one) :). Youll have the shits the first day you eat this btw ... its basically cleaning your whole system of all that bollocks inside. I ate 2 of this salads a day with fruit, key also is to cut out Carbohydrates, unfortuently the best type of food ... chips, bread, potatoes etc. Keep the Carbohydrates for in the morning and eat less going throughout the day. Theres hardly any calories in those salads ;).

As Nicky touched on, if your eating .. example .. 2 chocolate a day, try and cut it down to 1 with fruit etc. Till eventually you wont eat it at all.

Dont go paying a gym fee for this either, all you need is some exercise balanced with that. Walking is just as good as running you burn the same calories. In your spare time, do some walking with mates or even yourself.

Theres plenty of websites and different methods out there, i tried LA Muscle Fat stripper to control my weight also but expect to fart deadly gases. All that does is aids in your fat burning process and breaks down your fatty cells so there more easily burned than normal. Its no use even trying it if your not gong to do an exercise thats going to get your heart rate up and sweating.

Best of luck mate :)

Iain

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
if your a big eater, i'd guess you are.

then maybe my routine could help :) i eat constantly :)

just make sure your constant snaking is fruit nut or veg and your flying.

and also dont ignore the excerise aerobic is what you need, toning and weights can come WAY down the line, get out there and start sweating, play a sport or walk briskly regularly.

start walking at first to lose some of the weight along with your healthy eating, worst thing you can do is go out and finish your knees off with jogging whilst carrying alot of excess.

so eat really healthy and walk alot(first 2/3months)
continue with your good eating habits and pick up a jog one night and a walk the next(3/4months)
if by this stage you've found a sport that suits or interests follow that, if not your probably ready to join a gym :)

hope that helps boss!

Phil

i'd go along with that one :) i'm always eating fruit throughout the day, also, cut your bread intake right down, change to pitta bread or something.

GTdan

In The Closet
Theres plenty of websites and different methods out there, i tried LA Muscle Fat stripper to control my weight

Iain

how did you find that dude - did it work?? as im of the thoery that all that sort of stuff is just a waste of money.

cheers all for your help so far...idea of joining gym is to use the cardio equipment - X trainers, treadmill, rowers, do some light weights but also to get some swimming done too.

GTti

Member +
Small meals often increases your metabolism and will help you shed some weight. Coupled with CV... running is the best.

You need a calorie deficit to loose weight, remember calories are what cause you to put on weight and not fat, fat = 9 calories per gram, carbohydrates and proteins are 4 calories per gram.

For example eat 4 small meals a day, of around 500 calories each meal, 2000 calories a day. With the excercise this will be a decent calorie deficit to shed some weight, but you may well feel lethargic if you're eating too little (Because of your size and height you may want a little more).

Try eating whole foods, brown rice, brown pasta, wholemeal bread, good lean protiens white meat and fish etc or lean red meat, fruit and vegetables. Wholegrains are less refined so your body doesn't digest them as quickly, hence slow release of energy (Approx 3 hrs - hence why you should eat every 3-4 hours).

Eating a shed load of white rice or refined food will cause your body to release insulin, as your blood sugar level will spike. In saying that refined carbs can be a quick fix for energy.

Loosing weight is easy, putting decent lean mass on is a hell of a lot harder.

Good luck.

Last edited:

GTti

Member +
These stupid diets you see on TV and in magazines are ones to avoid, certainly not healthy starving your body of vital vitamins and minerals, essential fats and decent carbohydrates.

This affects stuff like hair and nail growth, skin condition etc.

tupac_healy

Member +
I'm actually looking at changing my diet at the min for football too, I'm not overweight or anythin, just mostly tired all the time & I reckon tis my diet is doin it, I actually do eat a fair load of shite!!!

But regards to working out and stuff, Nothing better than football, I train once a week, have a kick around twice a week and after every session I do 30 sit ups at home. Only started this in the last month and I can see the difference already.

Oh Gym fees, NOT A HOPE MAN!!!! Go away and buy a bench and some weights for yourself if that's the route your goin down, throw on your i-pod and drive on!!!

Good advice about the diet lads, I know it all myself too but its hard to give up the nice stuff!!!

GTti

Member +
Oh Gym fees, NOT A HOPE MAN!!!! Go away and buy a bench and some weights for yourself if that's the route your goin down, throw on your i-pod and drive on!!!

Gym fees are worth it when you need 120kg of weight to bench press or deadlift :p Dumbells are great too.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
LA Muscle was addatives i used when i was going to straight weight training but instead wanted to shread weight before doing that.

If will have the reverse affect if you dont eat correctly and do exercises tho mate :) as said, it only aids in fat burning and breaking down fatty cells.

Iain

Ryno

Member +
don't feel embarrised about going to a gym mate, i guarantee half the people won't give you a second look and the ones who do will be thinking 'good on him'!

if you want a 7day free trial of FitnessFirst then drop me a PM bud
smilie_thumbsup.gif