What are most people getting out of a Starlet GT turbo running on standard internals

scottydouk

Member +
What are most people getting out of a there Starlet GT turbo running on standard internals/pistons, bhp figures?
Just wondering as want to get bigger turbo but not too bothered about doing all the engine internal modifications at moment as adds up in cost.
cheers

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
I think highest boost levels ive heard without blowing up was Goldenvtr (dan) running 1.3bar on TD04 on stock internals, i know theres alot running 1 to 1.1bar boost on td04's on stock internals, not sure of anyone going higher than 1.3bar.

scottydouk

Member +
so out of a standard turbo holding 16psi at 180bhp isnt bad. if i just bolted on a hybrid version would this make 200bhp?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well back in the day running a sard k26 @ 1 bar i made 258bhp (flywheel) on stock internals.. she ran fine for over 8 months :)

changed my setup & added some ross pistons a while later so i could boost more .. then the turbo got changed for something more streetable.. bah.. lol im on my 8th turbo soon..

waaa back to ct9.. man its boring lol

sx_turbo

Lifer
steveep82- think was his name got 250+ on standard internals with a td04 and 1 bar boost using the emanage.

it was running really well, but a actuator pipe came loose and he boosted to 2bar and bent a rod lol oops. he has now gone forged

D3N0

Member +
theres a guy in leyton east london area that is running 308bhp on a standard interal. not sure of total setup but ive seen it in action, and also the print outs.
sad to say hes rebuilding another gt starlet after craching that one. it was a kool car though.

goldenvtr

Member +
theres a guy in leyton east london area that is running 308bhp on a standard interal. not sure of total setup but ive seen it in action, and also the print outs.
sad to say hes rebuilding another gt starlet after craching that one. it was a kool car though.

did he crash is into the back of a porche by and chance lol?

im going to push the stock internals on my glanza conversion, hopping to make about 250 again but will try a diffrent setup on this one :)

and i will prove 12's can be done on stock internals still :cool:

Last edited:

steveep82

Member +
256hp but the headgasket went at that and then I blew it up on a trackday when my boost controller failed to control boost. My brothers car has run over 200hp for three years on stock internals and the bottom end is still mint, just took it apart today to inspect and replace hg, valve stem seals and cambelt

gedis

Member +
currently at 246 on the standart inetrals and headgasket at 1.1bar nearly 18 months now with no problem