What are the best road legal tyres?

Nerosis

Member +
what are the best road legal tyres, ie, proxes? eagle f1, etc

Handling / grip wise?

List your favs and what u think are the TOP tyres.

(im buying 4 this weekend)

sanchez

Member +
Im getting some Toy t1r's next.
beleive they are the next best thing before the Toyo r888's??

Chris@CCM

Member +
eagle f1 are the best true road tyre imo good in both wet and dry last ages too ! i had toyo t1rs found them poop in the wet

D3N0

Member +
Erm, yokohama Pradar spec 2 is the tyre you want. ive just bought 2 off daveb. its ment to be better than toyo t1r's

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
eagle F1'S and tried to kill me 3 times on the civic:p, any time i no were going for a DRIVE;), i put the wheels off the blue one on it with the T1R toyo which are quality tyre's, also the parada's are spot on too

Dan3SGTE

Member +
toyo 888 alll fucking day long. They were absolutely amazing on my type R, the grip of the tyre was shocking compared to the eagles i previously used on it. They need a bit of heating up to get sticky though otherwise can loose grip. Not long to heat up though.

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
spinning up at 100+mph in the wet is not for everyone tho dan:p, i would go 888 all day too but for a good spec starlet for all year round driving i would go for t1r's or spec 2's,

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
love my eagle F1s. Have tried a few sets of tires on the glanza now and they are certainly the most grippy. Huge reduction in wheel spin when setting off with some power :)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
spinning up at 100+mph in the wet is not for everyone tho dan:p, i would go 888 all day too but for a good spec starlet for all year round driving i would go for t1r's or spec 2's,

I found the 888 to be very good in the wet too gaz apart from when they started geting bold then i was asking for trouble lol....

For a good cheap tire i like the eagles personally. That is what is currently on my starlet. I do want to try the proxies after.

gv1.3

Admin
For a good cheap tire i like the eagles personally. That is what is currently on my starlet. I do want to try the proxies after.

wouldnt bother with the proxies dude my girlfriend had them on her celica and they were rubbish compared to the eagles that she replaced them with.

Another tire worth checking out are the bridgestone ultragrip. I had them on my glanza before the eagles they were a bit more expensive but they were a great tire, you never really hear anyone talking about them though.

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
dan will let drive the civic with the goodyears then with the toyo's, i mean when pushing HARD;) the toyo's keep it straight where the goodyear's try to pt you in a bush

gv1.3

Admin
yeah Ive never pushed a car hard in my life so I wouldnt have a clue what I am talking about :haha::haha:

nexia201

Member +
i would have said the toyo r888 but when i replaced them with cheap chinese shit Goodride tyres and found they had more grip than the semi slicks i changed my mind i think t1r's would be better than the r888 for the road