what BHP will i get with.....

mushy

Member +
alright lads, i have a ep82 with the following mods, can you please all give me your thoughts on what BHP i can reach

mods so far

blitz nur spec with decat
tmic
hks actuator running @1.0bar
blitz sus induction kit
hks fcd
sard rrfpr
blitz bov

need to get it on a rolling road, to get all the fuel n boost set correctly.

so what do you reckon lads, what kind of power will i get with 1.0bar, or can i run it higher???

mushy

Member +
can any one recommend a place in the east midlands where i can take my car to get rolling road tested?

mushy

Member +
no it will not be safe on a stock ct9 running 1.2 bar
1 bar in my opinion is even pushing it as u will get hot air after 12 psi but most folks run 14 psi comfy

sam

so running at 1 bar what kinda damge could i cause to my car as you said it would not be safe on a stock turbo

mushy

Member +
if u get a fmic and a manifold u should see around 180 +

ya but that would cost me another £500-£600 which i dont have so i may do that in a year or so but at the moment i would just like to get as much BHP as i can do so safely and get it down to a rolling road to have it set up right which will also cost £100-£200 from what i have seen online but i still need some help to find a rolling road place in the east midlands.

Phil

Super Moderator
1bar of boost from the ct9 will already be generating a heck of alot of heat that a standard tmic wont find easy cooling.

standard manifold at 1bar will be starting to realise that runner no3 has quite a hot spot.

id say slack the boost off abit, and u'll save your self money in the overal picture

Phil

mushy

Member +
1bar of boost from the ct9 will already be generating a heck of alot of heat that a standard tmic wont find easy cooling.

standard manifold at 1bar will be starting to realise that runner no3 has quite a hot spot.

id say slack the boost off abit, and u'll save your self money in the overal picture

Phil

so what would you say i should take the bosst down to in bar?

Phil

Super Moderator
just in or around fuel cut territory and the standard manifold and a tmic should still be in their element. then come along a different manifold(or some cleaning out of the third runner) and intercooler and u can happily turn the boost up to 1bar cause you have fcd fpr etc already on there!

dont really want to say what in bar cause im not sure. there will be people who have run the setup you where suggesting @1bar with no problems/worries. others mite say its asking for trouble to run it constantly like that.

Phil

speedvision

Member +
take it easy for now with the stock manifold..the tmic is not so much to worry about as ur country is a cool place ........but the manifold being already so restrictive will generate alot of heat at 1 bar.......if u dont have the cash now for the manifold i suggest u hold off on the rolling road too becuz it may not worth ur while goin for one at low boost level.....

another cheap way to get around the manifold if u cant afford one is to take the stock one off and port it......which will help free up some restriction on the 3rd runner...........this will allow for some cooler temps and can run safer

sam

Deano

Banned
If you want a better intercooler and don't wanna go fmic just yet I would say go for a series 4 rx7 tmic it works well I find I got one on mine and the top is icy cold and there is a better throttle response

starbogt

Member +
If you run 1 bar on standard manifold be prepared to replace the manifold they don't last long before cracking unless you've ported the 2nd and third runner.

lleey2k4

Member +
Safe boost id say was to run it at about 0.75bar, until you get the fmic or RX7 TMIC, and uprated manifold.