### What Can Cause Boost Drop Off ? ###

cole

Member +
ive had my car mapped to 1.1 bar but after 5000 rpm the boost drops back to around .8

its a greddy tdo4 11 b turbo does any 1 no what could cause it

could a decat pipe thats too small cause this as mines fairly thin ? dont no what make it is

my spec is

greddy tdo4 11 b turbo
unknown decat pipe
wepr ct9 power up kit manifold with tdo4 adaptor plate
greddy eo1 boost controller
emanage blue
xs power fmic
meshed turbo
tial 38mm external wastegate

Last edited:

glanzanut

Lifer
a leak from a boost pipe would cause this as would a blowing exhaust i would check those first as they are the likely causes:freddy:

cole

Member +
i have external wastegate so its not the actuater

also my decat is blowing a tiny bit were it meets the exahust system at the bottom but its very minor would this cause it ?

Jay

Admin
Any blowout must be eliminated to remove the possibility mate, an exhaust side leak could very easily be the issue.

cole

Member +
right cheers ino my bov is leaking aswell coz its wank
but when nick mapped it he swapped it for a good 1 and it did make it better but it still dropped off

cole

Member +
if ur decat is blowing and ur bov leaking thats 100% what it is i would say

but si glanza had my whole setup on his before and he said it did it with him and he thort it was the wastegate but mines external so it int that

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i do remember reading wat dub is saying, cant remember exactly who it was tho.

apprently the amount/speed of the air coming into the turbo the mesh actually takes away 1/2 of the room the air has to travel, as where a filter it is allowed to travel into the turbo interupted

cole

Member +
okay i supose i could try to put a filter on and see what hapens am going to sort the bov out first and the get a better downpipe

glanzanut

Lifer
but si glanza had my whole setup on his before and he said it did it with him and he thort it was the wastegate but mines external so it int that

well my mani is leaking at the moment and my boost peaks to 0.7 then drops to 0.5. so if your decat is blowing i dont see why it should be any different. somebody correct me if im wrong?:)