what forged pistons

turboflow

Member +
hey guys,
i am looking to go forged in the new year but i dont want low comps but i also dont want flat tops as when speaking to mr burwash people are having head gasket problems. i only want to see around 200-250bhp and no more so i wont be running massive power, would appreciatre any help.

cheers

owen

dantheman

Member +
wiseco or ross mate imo. im selling some ross pistons as it goes, not sure if theyre sold yet or not though (£300 delivered brand new) :)

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Either Piston's are good, I prefer running flat top piston's because we like to keep good response all over the RPM range, If you were looking to run big boost levels and big power than dished pistons should be considered but at 200-250bhp you wont have any problems with flat top pistons.

Many Thanks
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

Flat top pistons are no good at all for these engines, even the stock pistons have a small dish which should tell you something ;)

There are many variables to consider when engine building which is why all our info is run through an extremely expensive piece of tuning software to get the best info possible. Rather that than people who build engines with a very limited knowledge and then have all sorts of problems:p

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Our Engines seem to do well with flat top piston's, no problems this end just good bottom end response :)

turboflow

Member +
dave,

i know its a few months away but would it be possible to have a forged engine built using the standard compression forged pistons instead of the flats of lows.

cheers

owen

fur

Member +
oh crap!!
and here i was thinking CP Pistons knew what they were doing when they made flat tops for toyota e-series
funny how my cousins 294whp glanza with a stock HG and "dreaded flat top CP pistons" is still up and running for a few years now with no problems, funny how i use the same pistons without any issues for some time as well
DAMN YOU CP!! time to pull down my motor :(

fur

Member +
oh crap!!
and here i was thinking CP Pistons knew what they were doing when they made flat tops for toyota e-series
funny how my cousins 294whp glanza with a stock HG and "dreaded flat top CP pistons" is still up and running for a few years now with no problems, funny how i use the same pistons without any issues for some time as well

typical example of why you shouldn't believe everything you read online, dave your "very expensive" piece of software needs some real world experience, a motor doesn't run on a pc, it runs on the road

Phenom

Member +
oh crap!!

oooooh SARCASM - ya gotta luv it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;););)