What I Found In My Fuel Tank...

shauntgtt

Member +
Well I have had my car around 9 months now and I love it! Cutting the long story short I have had a rattling noise in my fuel tank for a couple of months...basically just imagine having stones in the tank and driving around, thats what it was like. About an hour ago I decided to take the fuel pump put and have a ganders. Look what I found! I have not got a clue what they are??!! They are rock solid (attempted to crush one with some pliers and it wasn't having any of it)! There are still a couple in there which I cant get to so the tank will have to come off at some point. Let me know what you think?!

DSCN2860.jpg

shauntgtt

Member +
Absolutely! I really do not know! The thing is I cant remember hearing the noise when I first got the car? I'm sure it only started happening a few months back....unless its come directly from the fuel pump?

Luke.R

Member +
Out of date chocolate mini eggs I'd say, must be a type of octaine booster :p

Seriously though I have no Idea, would be interested to know if they are in there for a good reason, or was someone trying to feck the car up?

Glanza Gaz

Member +
When I first saw the brown looking ones i thought they might have been rusty ball bearings maybe from the pump, but with some being white?? I dunno could be to do with cleaning the tank but you'd have though it'd be quite harmful if one of them got sucked up. try looking up fuel tank cleaner or as luke said octane booster see if that comes up with anything

gv1.3

Admin
if you live beside a golf course maybe someone being hitting loads of hole in ones into your fuel tank

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Perhaps drugs are enclose inside that is one way for getting throguh the boarder ? Possibly need to be drilled and the contents lay inside :)

Anything is possible lol, tbh never sen that in my life does look like little mini eggs to be fair.